Fettle Those Finishes 2023 Year End Review

2023 Fettle Those Finishes review

I'm linking up with one of my favorite online personalities Mini Archie the Wonder Dog and his person Helen to review how the planning for 2023 matched what was actually accomplished. If you want to join in for 2024 we're sharing our lists and encouraging each other on the Linky parties.

2023 was the year my tracking changed because I started using a single sheet to track both UFO's and new starts based on the UFO tracker by Gail at QuiltingGail.com. This gave me more focus and by the end of the year I had made more progress on projects than any other year before:

Blue highlighted projects were completed in 2023. Green highlighted dates were completed in December. Pink highlighted projects were progressed in December.

9 UFO projects were completed in 2023. 56 new starts were completed in 2023. I am so pleased with everything accomplished in 2023. So many new types of projects and so much learning. Each monthly furtle posts have pictures of items completed that month:
And when I looked back and reviewed the original list, it's so exciting to see the progress. Original list for 2023:
  1. DONE - Donnamare's EPP MugRug (FAL# 167, PHD UFO# 42)
  2. DONE - Custom Easy Does It for Sid (FAL# 189, PHD UFO# 1)
  3. DONE - Janome '22 SAL QAYG (FAL# 159, PHD UFO# 16)
  4. DONE - Boxy Clear Pouch (FAL# 181, PHD UFO# 40)
  5. Jelly Roll Race quilt (FAL# 141, PHD UFO# 44)
  6. HB 2022 Exchange Blocks Quilt (FAL# 170, PHD UFO# 45)
  7. Sewing H.Q! quilted sign (FAL# 9, PHD UFO# 41)
  8. FMQA Sampler Flimsy (FAL# 7, PHD UFO# 3)
  9. PBJ 2020 Color Challenge Flimsy (FAL# 48, PHD UFO# 19)
  10. DONE - Mary Smallegan Skillbuilders 1 & 2 cleaned up and bound for washing (FAL# 50, PHD UFO# 34)
  11. DONE - Customized Call Me #2 for Hubby (FAL# 190)
  12. DONE - Work Call Me #2 for Me (FAL# 164)
  13. DONE - 2 Mad Hatter Pouches for Sid (FAL# 176 & 177)
  14. DONE - Donation Miniature Quilt for Jen's QuiltFest Challenge (FAL# 195)
  15. Tunnocks Pouch for DM (FAL# 14)
  16. 17 Mouselet Quilts for DM (FAL# 13)
  17. DONE - 2 more Petit Fours Baskets for DM (FAL# 168 & 169)
  18. DONE - 2 By Annie Zipper Pouches in Tula Pink Linework (FAL# 174 & 175)
11 of 18 completed is 61%. I've gotten rid of the FAL numbers and don't use those anymore. I do still have my big list of all projects that are planned, but move those around as I want. This change has simplified my tracking and is working better for me with my full time job. It helps me stay focused on what needs to get completed and when.

The final finish of 2023 was hand stitching the woven bowl from the Quilt Guild Elfin Magic workshop's 6 projects:


Comments

  1. What a great year! And a great report to match, I think - isn’t it amazing how something as simple as changing how/where you list and track projects can make a big difference? Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for the Furtle links every month. 'Talking' these changes out with you has been so very helpful. It's really helped me focus.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts