PHD in 2023: December

Twelfth and Final 2023 check-in with QuiltingGail to work on my list of Projects Half Done (PHD). BIG shout out to Gail for hosting the PHD program for years. She will be missed from the program!!! I'll continue this momentum with this type of tracking. Thank you!!!


There were 49 projects already started before January 1, 2023, three hidden projects found and added each in August, September and November. The below screenshot of my projects from the spreadsheet provided (and a little expanded) by QuiltingGail is my 'official' list with reference numbers used throughout the year.


As of December 31st, 9 UFO's  (Blue Highlight) were completed in 2023, this count is the most I've completed in 1-year since starting tracking projects. Two were completed this month (Green Highlight on completion Date). Two other UFO's progressed (Pink Highlight) this month. 

Out of the 67 starts in 2023, 56 have been completed (Blue Highlight) including 3 this month. Five of the other eleven projects have been progressed (Pink Highlight). The BOM that started in January 2023 has each month added as a separate entry.

December Projects Completed:

1) Simply Sparkle Bliss quilt's Pillowcase, 2023 UFO 24, completed in 4-hours and 53-minutes in 2023 plus time in 2019. Also, this month's One Monthly Goal, finish post here.


2) Baby It’s Gnome Outside Tucked in Tote is 2023 Project 63 completed in 3-hours and 58-minutes. I did use a binding option to finish the side seams. This was my December purse and I LOVED it!!! I want to make more of these for the seasons. So easy and pretty quick. Just 3 FQ's should make any bag that I want.


3) RGA SkillBuilders 1 & 2 cleaned up and ready for FMQ practice, 2023 UFO 34, completed in 8-hours and 48-minutes. No pictures.


4) 3 QuiltSmart Gadget Cushions with adhesive vinyl on my favorite paw prints fabric, 2023 Project 67, completed in 4-hours and 16-minutes. I have been planning on making these for a couple years. They were truly a Christmas present to myself and I'm so thrilled to have them in my home propping the doors.


5) 2023 Elfin Magic 6 projects, 2023 Project 58, completed in 14-hours and 2-minutes. This included my closet finishing project during the New Year's fireworks making my younger dog upset. Osky and I hung out on a nest of fluffy dog beds and blankets while I hand-sewed and watched a Netflix movie and Osky snoozed. The photo also includes the Decorative centerpiece I won at the other quilt guild's holiday party meeting.


What did you finish in December?


Link-up:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts