One Monthly Goal - January 2024 Completed

January restarted the heavy work load commenced last year but I really wanted to finish the throw started during my end of year vacation as January's One Monthly Goal.  

In March 2016, attending my first America Quilter's Society show in Pennsylvania was the first time I saw Donna Robertson of Fabric Cafe present her economy quilt patterns where you take 3 one-yard fabric cuts to make a lap quilt. She had a booth and I purchased these 3 blue-themed fabrics in a roll along with other rolls to get a book of patterns free.

Since 2016, I wanted to make Donna's Rail Fence pattern from the book. While traveling for work, I found a fabric shop with a dark brown minky to go with the little scroll lines in the flower pattern. Then we moved 950 miles and this quilt kit sat in a Saphora bag in my new sewing room until the 2023 end of year vacation when I wanted to make a new sleeping quilt for myself. The house got chillier with the Polar Vortex across the country and I needed another layer for sleeping.

This Rail Fence quilt has only the cotton pieced top and Shannon Fabric's Cuddle Minky backing wrapping around to be self bound. The minky selvage was left on. 505 spray was used to sandwich the layers and keep the minky under control for quilting.

Blue Rail Fence with Minky Backing is 2024 UFO 46 and was completed in 41-hours and 46-minutes. The quilt finished at 57" x 70". The OMG proposal post was posted here as #8 on the link-up.

The Quilt is finished and held up by my tall Quilt Guild Sister here for me to take the photos; thank you, Candi!




What progress did you make in January?

Comments

  1. I love all the blues. I haven't tried a 3-yard quilt yet. Glad you have another layer of warmth to add. I've added another quilt to my side of the bed too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne-Marie! I have enjoyed both of the 3-yard quilts that I made. I did decide to use a different fabric for the binding so made my borders wider to make the quilt a little bigger. Hope you are keeping warm!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts