15 Minutes To Stitch 2022 - Week 33

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch since 2020 and am a fan of her blog. She's continuously hosted since 2011!


My 2022 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year, same as 2021.

  • Week 33: 7 of 7 = 100 %
    • 84 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • August 14 of 14 = 100%
  • 2022: 196 of 226 = 87 %
Took Friday off from work when I realized that my first dental cleaning in a new office was in the middle of the day. Cleaning went well and I really like this office which is new to me. Unfortunately, a cavity was found, only my second one ever! Luckily she had time to fix it before I left. So glad I took the day off, but really didn't get to do much else. When I returned home by 2pm had lunch, all I could do was nap. Maybe next weekend when I have both Thursday (Mr. Hubby Bear's Birthday) and Friday off with no plans other than spending time with my favorite person. 

The weekend after will be Quilt Guild Retreat, AKA Quilt Camp. I'm so looking forward to my first one. I'm having a great time "preparing" projects to take with me to sew.

Below I am sharing my weekly goals that help me focus on a small task to get me breaking down large milestones into small bites.

Sew one thing: 
Prior post week: Alchemy Month 1 fabrics cut and hexies basted - Not Completed
This week: OMG EPP Tablerunner - finish EPP sew together

So, how did the sewing projects go?

Top items with progress:
1) EPP Training Tablerunner - Made progress stitching the glue based hexies using the flatback stitch and SewTites to hold the pieces together. Rows 1-3 are together. 


The bottom half is coming together nicely


2) DIY Seam Roll in above photos: towel wrapped around a magazine and basted closed

3) Half-inch hexagons flower glue basted by a friend for a MugRug for her. Two stitched together in the above, but now a 3rd one is also attached.

4) Tula Pink's Alchemy Quilt kit BOM: Both Months 1 and 2 are in progress for cutting and basting:

Month 1, sixth of seven fabrics basting in progress, 28 Hexies basted out of 42:




Month 1 Pom Hexies complete set of 5 with 1-lady bug special one:


Month 2 Pom Hexies complete set of 11:


5) Magic Colorful World has finished it's Save My Bleeding Quilt soak and been washed, dried, photographed and mailed off to it's forever home:





6) ByAnnie free pattern Petit Four Basket is completed and helping me with EPP Alchemy work:




7) Lillyella's Hold Tite Folio started to also help with EPP:




Updating Mini Archie's Fettle Those Finishes! to continue my focus for the Second Quarter of 2022. 

Fettle Those Finishes! priority projects (Q3):

  1. JAX MQG FPP Donation Pineapple Quilt Block 12.5": White and Yellow - COMPLETED
  2. New iPhone pouch for Mr. Hubby Bear - COMPLETED
  3. New iPhone pouch for me - COMPLETED
  4. My iPhone pouch added Ribbon - COMPLETED
  5. ByAnnie free pattern Petit Four Basket - IN PROGRESS
  6. Janome SkillBuilder for this week - IN PROGRESS 
  7. Hold Tite Folio - Tula Pink fabric - IN PROGRESS 
  8. EPP MugRug - Donnamarie's Flower - IN PROGRESS 
  9. EPP Training Tablerunner (FAL #46, PHD/JAX MQG #10) - IN PROGRESS 
  10. Haunted Hexie Quilt Kit - IN PROGRESS
  11. 2022 Janome QAL thru quilt all 3 block sets - IN PROGRESS
  12. Sewing H.Q! quilted sign (FAL #9) - IN PROGRESS
  13. 2022 BOM - Tula Pink's Alchemy, through Row 2 - IN PROGRESS
  14. 2022 Free-Motion Fillers Quilting Challenge - IN PROGRESS
  15. 2022 BOM Toes in the Sand Sampler, thru Block 6 - IN PROGRESS
  16. 2022 BOM Toes in the Sand Kit, thru Block 6 - IN PROGRESS
  17. Haunted Hexie Quilt - IN PROGRESS
  18. HoneyBeeQuilters Donation Pocket Quilts (5+16 donated, 19 ready, several in progress) - ON HOLD
  19. Free Motion Quilting Academy Motifs Sampler  (FAL #7) - ON HOLD
  20. Free Motion Quilting Academy Practices - ON HOLD
  21. Fabric Cafe Byzantine Door secret gift quilt 1 (FAL #5) - ON HOLD
  22. Fabric Cafe Byzantine Door secret gift quilt 2 (FAL #6) - ON HOLD
  23. Free Motion Quilting Academy Whole Cloth Quilt (FAL #8) - ON HOLD
What are you working on?

Link-Ups:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts