15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Week 29

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020

My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 29: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 50 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • July: 17 of 19 = 89 %
  • 2020: 175 of 201 = 87 %
Little late on this post, just haven't been able to express myself lately. I am working on my own expression and clearing out my old beliefs about my identity. It's sometimes challenging. I'm in a coaching group with Rhonda Ryder on her book Delicious Alignment. And my alignment buddy told me about Byron Katie so I'm listening to the library's audio book version of A Mind Is Home With Itself. I am also continuing my practices: Transcendental Meditation, The Sedona Method, and Shad Helmstetter's Self Talk audios.

Then adding the information in the book Make It Stick to change the way I train clients on the software. This is going to fly in the face of standards in training, but I want my sessions to be more effective than just regurgitating facts over and over.

Back to the sewing topics! I finished something from my ridiculously long finish-a-long list this week. I'm so pleased, but before the sampler quilt is hung up, I want to continue the experiments with soaking and washing.




Side trip: If you are in a quilt guild, I highly recommend reaching out to Hobbs batting because the Zoom-based presentation was fantastic!!! I learned so much and have ideas about batting types that I will use going forward.

I got the anti-fatigue mats for my Sewing HQ! and they are terrific. Pressing station will arrive later this week and I'll put it together. I'm so excited to have this upgrade to my creative space based on ideas from Lilo Bowman's book Love Your Creative Space

Oh yes, I almost forgot that I won a Wool.I.Am Mouselet modeled after the infamous Sir Tom Moore. He will be traveling here in the next week or so. I am so blessed to have these fun people in my life. If you want to follow along with the myriad of adventures on InstaGram follow #wooliamgang and get to know the mouselets.


Need to go to bed, but don't want to yet. Ah, there's my resistance and I'm going to allow it to be here (The Sedona Method). 

Have a great rest of your week!

Project Plans in motion:
  1.  Blog Post for One Monthly Goal and FAL Q3 finish: Cricut Maker Block of the Week the Sequel (FAL #2)
  2. Receive & assemble Ironing station
  3. Items listed based on due date:
    1. July 24th: Two holding hands FPP block for JAX MQG charity quilt
    2. July 31st: Patterns By Jen 2020 Color Challenge July Block (2 different backgrounds)
    3. Aug 30th: Two MQG Community Quilt curved blocks for guild quilt entry
  4. More friends/family fabric face filters, inside cotton sheet material and outside cotton fabric
  5. Soaking test, wash, dry, and hang in my office the Cricut Maker Block of the Week the Sequel quilt
  6. Make an additional over shoulder strap iPouch for me
  7. Make 3 Cafe Press 3-yard quilts for friends during the COVID-19 home-bound (FAL #56, 121, and; 122)
  8. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Sandscapes (FAL #93)
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. Good luck with your inner self studies and expression. Sounds like an interesting effort. Congrats on your 15 minute efforts, you've done well on that front this year. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate. I so appreciate your hosting this weekly check in as I'm doing better looking at how I spend my time for what's important to me and what isn't. I LOVE sewing, it's my purpose and brings me so much joy. Hope your week goes great and you have more than 15-minutes every day this week to play!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts