15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Week 30

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020

My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 30: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 51 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • July: 23 of 26 = 88 %
  • 2020: 181 of 208 = 87 %
Continuing with my inner questioning listening to the library audiobook by Byron Katie A Mind Is Home With Itself. Continuing my practices: Transcendental Meditation, The Sedona Method, and Shad Helmstetter's Self Talk audios. And participating in the Rhonda Ryder Delicious Alignment Weekly Group Coaching set #1 through the first week in August.

Friday was the final staycation day until the end of August. I spaced out the vacation to make sure I get all my time off even staying home before it expires on 12/31. Being with Hubby, 2 doggies, mini creatures gang (see Instagram #wooliamgang) and my sewing projects is my top priority. I love being able to focus more on my projects even if I can't see my new quilt guild buddies in person for a time. Work has announced that we will continue from home into 2021 which is a relief for me so no travel.

This week I got my TNT Quilt Boards' Great Board Pressing Station with Blue Hibiscus covering. After researching what Bonnie Hunter uses at Quiltville Inn to protect her pressing station tops from guests, I ordered a large roll of Freezer Paper (wider than Bonnie uses) which arrived in a box that I couldn't even lift. I pushed and dragged it to my Sewing HQ! (luckily on the main floor of the house). Then what to do with the piece of paper? Took some research in one of the Quiltville Facebook Groups, but I found the notation that you put the coated side down and heat the paper to melt it a little into the pressing surface fabric. When the paper gets dirty simply pull it off and replace. Used the Cricut EasyPress to do that and boom all done very quickly with that 10"x12" heating surface. 

The dark blue anti-fatigue mats arrived and are also now in place. You can see the big one in the picture in front of the Pressing Station.





And for projects, I am working on two blocks for the Jacksonville Modern Quilt Guild charity quilt. The FPP block Holding Hands on Etsy.


Side trip: If you are in a quilt guild, I highly recommend reaching out to Hobbs batting because the Zoom-based presentation was fantastic!!! I learned so much and have ideas about batting types that I will use going forward.

Hubby set me off on a DrEAMI Squirrel which I am calling a Flute Cozy Snug Hug. Just a little strap with velcro to secure the Flute Cozy around the bottom of the Flute to avoid tarnishing. Hope to finish it tonight.

Tomorrow, my Wool.I.Am Mouselet modeled after the infamous Sir Tom Moore will arrive. If you want to follow along with the myriad of adventures on InstaGram follow #wooliamgang and get to know the mouselets. Trixie and Sunny are so excited to greet a new chum for the household.



Project Plans in motion:
  1. Items listed based on due date:
    1. July 31st: Patterns By Jen 2020 Color Challenge July Block (2 different backgrounds)
    2. Soon after July 24th: Two holding hands FPP block for JAX MQG charity quilt
    3. Aug 30th: Two MQG Community Quilt curved blocks for guild quilt entry
  2. More friends/family fabric face filters, inside cotton sheet material and outside cotton fabric
    1. Prep and try filter fabric which arrived Saturday 25-July
  3. Soaking test, wash, dry, and hang in my office the Cricut Maker Block of the Week the Sequel quilt
  4. Make an additional over shoulder strap iPouch for me (FAL #121)
  5. Make 3 Cafe Press 3-yard quilts for friends during the COVID-19 home-bound (FAL #56, 121, and; 122)
  6. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Sandscapes (FAL #93)
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. Your sewing room looks great! You seem to be making the best of working from home. We are going into the office, but they did cancel several trips that were scheduled, of which I'm really glad. It's meaning we have to find some work arounds for a specific project, that we think it's doable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. I love working from home and we're NOT going in until 2021 at the earliest now. Good lick with the project workarounds. Hope things are working out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts