Adding Hope - March One Monthly Goal Finished

For my own birthday, I've made my first scrappy quilt. Adding Hope started out with finding inspiration for the Jacksonville Modern Quilt Guild's Low Volume Challenge due April 2020.

This meets my One Monthly Goal for March 2020
Check out what everyone completed in March at:
Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal March Link-up

You can also see my proposal HERE.

Web Surfing for Low Volume Quilts when it was announced as the guild challenge I decided I wanted something like Ashley of Film in the Fridge's Marcelle Plus Quilt, you can see here:

I got it done just in time and my quilting goes vertical instead of horizontal


And here it is ready for use on my glider rocker:

9-year old Kipper loves the soft IKEA rug and the seating area of the office

Different view of some of the pluses
Bound quilt front

Bound quilt back

This quilt has provided so many firsts:
  • First quilt pieces on the design wall
  • First Low Volume quilt
  • First scrappy quilt
  • First scrappy pieced backing
  • First people-sized quilt in Florida
  • First Florida quilt basted in the garage with 505 spray
  • First quilt squared up on Florida sewing room floor
  • First quilt for myself
  • First OMG for a March
I'm thrilled to have this throw for myself.

Here are some of in progress pictures with the full front and back:







Link-Ups:
Elm Street Quilts March One Monthly Goal Finish Link-Up as #82





Comments

  1. Congratulations on making your OMG! It a nice pop of color there in the corner. Everyone on needs a rocker quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate. I'm so happy with how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patty. Appreciate the monthly project goal support.

      Delete
  3. Nice! It is good to have something for ourselves ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts