15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Week 11

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020

My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 11: 7 of 7 = 100 %
    • 70 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • March: 15 of 16 = 94 %
  • 2020: 67 of 76 = 88 %
What an intense week! Luckily, I work from home and have been for a long time. The company recalled anyone outside of their home country and cancelling all business travel. Then to have all events cancelled or cancelling my own appointments to decrease my own and my older husband's exposure. 

Finished the flimsy of the Leaders/Enders project, Carolina Moore (CraftMoore) Cricut Maker Block of the Week the Sequel (CMBOWTS). This was important because I wanted to finish using the 1/4" ledge setting tool being used to assemble all blocks and put the quilt together.

Finished the things to get the two quilt sandwiches together. Backing for CMBOWTS. Figure out and trim the batting for both the Pluses quilt and CMBOWTS. Was able to lay out a Twin-sized cotton batting on my new sewing room floor (cutting table easily rolls out of the way) and used hubby's newest tape measure to mark the batting. Easily cut with my spring loaded scissors. 

Sunday night, I could not put it off any longer and cleaned the garage floor then got my workout in by putting the layers and using the 505 spray to make everything stick! This is my first quilt sandwiched on a garage floor. No garage at our last house so I had to do this on the patio outside. This was much easier and keeping the dogs inside worked fantastic.








My Low Volume Pluses quilt is based on Ashley of Film in the Fridge's Marcelle Plus Quilt, I'm looking to finishing this first throw quilt for myself for my own birthday.


What's on deck starting next week? 
  1. Continue 4/26 Low Volume Challenge quilt to completion:
    1. Quilt
    2. Square Up
    3. Make Binding and Label
    4. Bind with hanging sleeve and Label
    5. Hand-sew label side and top, binding corners, and hanging sleeve bottom and sides
  2. 2 pieced March blocks for Patterns By Jen's 2020 Color Challenge
  3. Press and cut 20 10" orange batik squares for Honey Bees Quilt Guild Exchange in April
  4. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Sandscapes (FAL #93)
  5. Finish Cricut Maker Block of the Week the Sequel
    1. Quilt
    2. Square Up
    3. Choose Binding, make Binding & Sleeve
    4. Make Label
    5. Bind with hanging sleeve and Label
    6. Hand-sew label side and top, binding corners, and hanging sleeve bottom and sides
  6. Make JAX MQG BOM for March
  7. Finish UFO: Simply Sparkle Bliss as the May Challenge Quilt for the Honey Bees Quilt Guild
  8. Continue patching jeans including decorative stitching planned for the one where the puppy tore above the knee

What are you working on?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. Your goal of at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year sounds really doable. Lovely project, specially love your plus quilt. Have fun!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Soma. Take care and enjoy yours creations.

      Delete
  2. The working from home part has been a bit difficult for us. I guess you eventually get used to it. Glad you've been able to stay home and get some stitching done. Hope that continued last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! It is something to get used to, luckily my group manager and most of our team are used to it. Hope you feel more comfortable soon!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts