15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Week 10

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020

My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 10: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 87 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • March: 7 of 8 = 88 %
  • 2020: 59 of 68 = 87 %
This week has been all over the map. Work has been intense and engulfing. We even got our 2019 reviews mid-week. It was great to get feedback that my work is appreciated and that I will be able to focus on the things I do best in the next year. After a few evenings out, including a new Yoga class and a guild meeting, I was able to focus again on my main project.

The drudgery of pressing the entire quilt top flimsy took sessions on 2 evenings. Measuring and then deciding on the the backing strategy was a bit overwhelming. I've designed and redesigned the backing based on the size needed. I've started assembling the pieced Love Volume back to go with the scrappy front.

The backing is now in 3 wide strips ready to be sewn together:


Here's my quilt flimsy:


My quilt is based on Ashley of Film in the Fridge's Marcelle Plus Quilt, I'm looking to finishing this first throw quilt for myself for my own birthday.


What's on deck starting next week? 
  1. Continue 4/26 Low Volume Challenge quilt to completion:
    1. Finish Pieced Back or AfterQuilt based on Karen Brown's YouTube
    2. Sandwich
    3. Quilt
    4. Square Up
    5. Make Binding and Label
    6. Bind with hanging sleeve and Label
    7. Hand-sew label side and top, binding corners, and hanging sleeve bottom and sides
  2. Prepare for Sally Terry's Bunny Hill Guild Workshop
  3. Prepare for JAX MQG bag workshop
  4. 2 pieced March blocks for Patterns By Jen's 2020 Color Challenge
  5. Press and cut 20 10" orange batik squares for Honey Bees Quilt Guild Exchange in April
  6. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Sandscapes (FAL #93)
  7. Continue the Cricut Maker Block of the Week Sequel as Leaders/Enders
  8. Continue JAX MQG BOM when the next block instructions are provided
  9. Repatch jeans that ripped this week plus two other pairs
  10. Finish UFO: Simply Sparkle Bliss as the May Challenge Quilt for the Honey Bees Quilt Guild
  11. Continue patching jeans including decorative stitching planned for the one where the puppy tore above the knee

What are you working on?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. Great quilt and it looks like the back will be fun too! Hope you make some good progress on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrappy pieced backs can be really challenging, but it looks like you've got that one whipped into shape. Congrats on finding all the time to stitch last week. Hope this week is at least as good as last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is a duplicate, my apologies, but it didn't seem to publish my first comment. Congrats on a successful stitching week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate for both your comments. I moderate all comments before they publish. Hope you are feeling so much better and are stitching all days this week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts