15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Week 13

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020

My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 13: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 88 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • March: 26 of 29 = 90 %
  • 2020: 78 of 89 = 88 %
This week saw a lot of movement towards the quilt finishing. 

I figured out how to lay out cutting mats on my sewing room floor to square up my first quilt there. 

Trixie telling me to get to it already

Low Volume pieced backing
Squared up quilt
After auditioning bindings, decided to use the one that was the border fabric on the Learn To Quilt class project that I made for my husband:

Here's the audition:


Yeah, that's what I want and makes me smile!!!

On to choosing hanging sleeve fabric.... Saw the backing fabric from quilts made early on for my friends' new children:



The quilt label, binding, and hanging sleeve were made and then attached to Adding Hope:

The label and hanging sleeve are basted to the quilt and ready for hand sewing. Wanting to finish this before the end of the month for my OMG.

Got this far by the end of Sunday which was my Birthday. My first Stay-At-Home Birthday, but a great day. Hubby took care of the meals. I took care of the dogs' needs and then sewed and helped hubby finish a home project that had been languishing. We watched all the episodes of Star Trek: Picard season 1 and I loved it. I sewed until I was exhausted and then went to bed.

My Low Volume Pluses quilt is based on Ashley of Film in the Fridge's Marcelle Plus Quilt, I'm looking to finishing this first throw quilt for myself for my own birthday.


What's on deck next week? 
  1. Finish Adding Hope, the JAX MQG April Low Volume Challenge quilt:
    1. Hand-sew label side and top, binding corners, and hanging sleeve bottom and sides
    2. One Monthly Goal blog post and link-up
  2. 2 pieced March blocks for Patterns By Jen's 2020 Color Challenge and blog post and link-up by 3/31
  3. Make JAX MQG BOM for March
  4. Make masks
  5. Press and cut 20 10" orange batik squares for Honey Bees Quilt Guild Exchange in April
  6. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Sandscapes (FAL #93)
  7. Finish Cricut Maker Block of the Week the Sequel
    1. Quilt
    2. Square Up
    3. Choose Binding, make Binding & Sleeve
    4. Make Label
    5. Bind with hanging sleeve and Label
    6. Hand-sew label side and top, binding corners, and hanging sleeve bottom and sides
  8. Make 3 Cafe Press 3-yard quilts for friends during the COVID-19 home-bound
  9. Finish UFO: Simply Sparkle Bliss as the May Challenge Quilt for the Honey Bees Quilt Guild
  10. Continue patching jeans including decorative stitching planned for the one where the puppy tore above the knee

What are you working on?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. Belated Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good day even if you couldn't go out to celebrate. Congrats on the progress with the low volume quilt, it looks great. Hope you were able to to get it bound in time to make your OMG goal. Thanks for linking up each week with the 15 minutes to stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts