OMG - June 2019 Proposed

Change of focus from hand sewing to machine sewing for the month of June. For my June One Monthly Goal, I want to complete an entire quilt. I need to get this done before we find out if our house sale will go through.

If you want to join in head over to Elm Street Quilts:

My goal is to complete the Simply Sparkle Bliss quilt. In April, I bought Riley Black Designs' Simply Sparkle quilt kit featuring Bliss fabric line by My Mind's Eye. 

On May 6th while Hubby was in NYC for a Flute lesson, I laid out the pre-cut 5" squares on the floor and ordered them in baggies of 13 squares per row in 16 rows. There were only a few adjustments to not have the same fabric consecutively placed.

Look at that adorable kit photo with the darling double-border! I want my quilt to look similar so I ordered extra fabric to create that look. Then used EQ8 to figure out the sides and amounts of fabric to purchase.
My supplies to create the quilt with custom borders

After reading a tutorial by The Cottage Mama called Charm Pack Baby Quilt Tutorial - Guess Whoooo Love You? I'm going to work the rows in 4 sets of 4. It would be best if I had a Leader/Enders separate project for between the rows & columns. Some pictures will include both the Simply Sparkle Bliss quilt AND Sunny Days in Pinkerville.

Sunny Days in Pinkerville is from the Blue Skies and Sunny Days quilt pattern by Sandra Jane Walker of Musings of a Menopausal Melon - MMM! Quilts. I got Tula Pink's Pinkerville 2.5" strips roll and some of the light-colored fabric from the line to be the quilt background.

Before posting this, here's the progress so far:

Simply Sparkle Bliss - chain pieced 4 blocks in 4 rows

Sunny Days in Pinkerville as Leaders/Enders

Workspace beside my sewing machine to chain-piece the quilts

What are you working on? What makes your heart sing when you do it?

Link-Ups:
Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal June Linkup as #37

Comments

  1. I love that pattern! I look forward to seeing your quilt at the end of the month ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty. I'm going to need it to get this all done within the month!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts