15 Minutes To Stitch 2019 - Week 25

It's a great idea to track my sewing time to provide motivation on my projects. Since I am a fan of Kate's Life in Pieces blog, her 15 Minutes to Stitch 2019 seems like the right thing to do.

My commitment started on Tuesday the 2nd of April, Stitching statistics as of Sunday, June 23:
  • Week 25: 7 of 7 = 100 % 
    • 94 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • June: 21 of 23 = 91 %
  • 2019: 58 of 83 = 70 %
My goal is to sew more than 2 days/week (2 of 7 = 29%)

Great progress towards my One Monthly Goal, Simply Sparkle Bliss quilt every day this week! Got the quilt top together and pressed. It measures 76" wide by 90" tall. And I'm proud to report that the diagonals only measure 1/2" difference, 117.5" and 118".
Simply Sparkle Bliss
Pressing the backing fabric is in progress, but this is going to take a while. As in several sessions over multiple days.

Absolutely no progress on Sunny Days in Pinkerville (Pattern by MMM! Quilts). Still have all 30 of the Unit A and B are ready for having the matching strips added.

One week from today, I will get the Trixie and Thomas panel by Heather Ross ready for hand-work on July 1st to keep me busy and entertained during Hubby's surgery day.

Still no shame adding to the stash, maybe it helps that most of it is boxed up in storage right now where I can't get to it. Starting to plan my Q3 Finish-A-Long list thinking I should add everything that I have recently purchased since that's what I have available PLUS leave everything from last quarter since I promised to leave everything on the list that was listed at least once. And it's my 'just in case' the house sale falls through and we decide to stay for a couple years, I may have my sewing things back out before the end of Q3. Still have time to work it all out.

This week, I will try to get the quilt as completed as possible. I'm going to try some FMQ that I've never done before and see how it goes. I've done FMQ, but not an all-over pattern. Angela Walters makes it seem so easy.

Next steps:
  1. Finish Pressing backing material
  2. Assemble quilt back, set & press seam
  3. Press batting & trim
  4. Sandwich quilt with 505 spray
  5. FMQ quilt center
  6. Quilt in the ditch both sides of the narrow inner border
  7. FMQ quilt outer border
  8. Square-up quilt
  9. Audition flange binding
  10. Make binding, hanging sleeve, & Label
  11. Attach binding to back & bring to front & machine sew in place
  12. Hand sew corners, hanging sleeve bottom & sides, and label top & side
  13. Photograph & blog
  14. Lay out Sunny Days in Pinkerville to have ready to assemble flimsy center for sewing
  15. Sew Sunny Days in Pinkerville flimsy together and roll on a tube so it doesn't get lost in a bin for the move!
How are you doing with consistency this week?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. I love the colour combination of Simply Sparkle Bliss. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all your progress on Simply Sparkle Bliss. Very pretty! Congrats on all the stitching time too. Hope this week is as productive. (Is it really time for the 3rd quarter quilt along list? Already?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. I'm so pleased with it. There's still time before the Q3 FAL list link-up is open, but I'm thinking about it since I got nothing done on my list from Q2.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts