15 Minutes To Stitch 2019 - Week 26

It's a great idea to track my sewing time to provide motivation on my projects. Since I am a fan of Kate's Life in Pieces blog, her 15 Minutes to Stitch 2019 seems like the right thing to do.

My commitment started on Tuesday the 2nd of April, Stitching statistics as of Sunday, June 30:
  • Week 26: 5 of 7 = 71 % 
    • 31 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • June: 26 of 30 = 87 %
  • 2019: 63 of 90 = 70 %
My goal is to sew more than 2 days/week (2 of 7 = 29%)

Since work took me out of town unexpectedly for 2 days and we received the Buyer's Commitment letter there was less sewing and less progress towards my June One Monthly Goal, Simply Sparkle Bliss. I did get the backing pressed, halved, selvages removed, sewn and seam set and pressed.
Backing approximately 84" x 99"

Backing seam close-up

This week, I will try to get the quilt as completed as possible. I'm going to try some FMQ that I've never done before and see how it goes. I've done FMQ, but not an all-over pattern. Angela Walters makes it seem so easy.

Next steps:
  1. Press batting & trim
  2. Sandwich quilt with 505 spray
  3. FMQ quilt center
  4. Quilt in the ditch both sides of the narrow inner border
  5. FMQ quilt outer border
  6. Square-up quilt
  7. Audition flange binding
  8. Make binding, hanging sleeve, & Label
  9. Attach binding to back & bring to front & machine sew in place
  10. Hand sew corners, hanging sleeve bottom & sides, and label top & side
  11. Photograph & blog
  12. Lay out Sunny Days in Pinkerville to have ready to assemble flimsy center for sewing
  13. Sew Sunny Days in Pinkerville flimsy together and roll on a tube so it doesn't get lost in a bin for the move!
While out of town, one session was to Best Press and sub-cut Trixie & Thomas and their clothes:
Trixie & clothes ready for precision cutting

Thomas & clothes ready for precision cutting
How are you doing with consistency this week?

Link-Ups:

Comments

Popular Posts