15 Minutes To Stitch 2019 - Week 24

It's a great idea to track my sewing time to provide motivation on my projects. Since I am a fan of Kate's Life in Pieces blog, her 15 Minutes to Stitch 2019 seems like the right thing to do.

My commitment started on Tuesday the 2nd of April, Stitching statistics as of Sunday, June 16:
  • Week 24: 6 of 7 = 86 % 
    • 55 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • June: 14 of 16 = 88 %
  • 2019: 51 of 76 = 67 %
My goal is to sew more than 2 days/week (2 of 7 = 29%)

I've been pushing again this week to get as much done towards my One Monthly Goal, Simply Sparkle Bliss quilt, yes, the WHOLE quilt. Luckily, the universe aligned and I have been able to stitch at least 15 minutes of 6 days this week.

Here's a picture of the quilt top center all sewn together.
View from the top of the step ladder
I've also made great progress on the Leaders/Enders project, Sunny Days in Pinkerville (Pattern by MMM! Quilts). All 30 of the Unit A and B are sewn together. These are ready for having the matching strips added.

While attaching borders to the main quilt these will continue to be the Leaders/Enders. I will admit that I played Bobbin Chicken with these units to finish the bobbin before starting on the last 1/4 of the SSBliss quilt center.

Another minor progress item was getting supplies for making Trixie and Thomas from the panel by Heather Ross (and for other small friends). Trixie & Thomas will need to be ready for hand-work on July 1st to keep me busy and entertained during Hubby's surgery day.

I have noticed that I have no shame about increasing my stash, I have bought supplies to make some bags. I am hoping that I can have a little extra time to work on those BEFORE everything needs to be packed up for the movers.

The coming week will be pivoting around Wednesday when I will have an opportunity to sandwich my quilt top.

Next steps:
  1. Press quilt top center
  2. Measure quilt top center
  3. Cut & add inner & outer borders
  4. Press completed quilt top
  5. Prepare quilt backing with 1-seam
  6. Press batting
  7. If possible, lay out Sunny Days in Pinkerville to have ready to assemble flimsy center for sewing
  8. WEDNESDAY: spray baste quilt sandwich
  9. Quilting!!!
How are you doing with consistency this week?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. Lovely projects. The OMG top looks wonderful.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing to deadlines is hard, but you've done really well. Love the color gradation in Sparkly Bliss. Congrats on exceeding your goal for sewing time. That has to feel good. Thanks for linking up with 15 minutes to stitch this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. I'm so pleased with being able to work on this and make so much progress.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts