15 Minutes To Stitch 2019 - Week 22

It's a great idea to track my sewing time to provide motivation on my projects. Since I am a fan of Kate's Life in Pieces blog, her 15 Minutes to Stitch 2019 seems like the right thing to do.

My commitment started on Tuesday the 2nd of April, Stitching statistics as of Sunday, June 2:
  • Week 22: 3 of 7 = 43 % 
    • 39 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • May: 17 of 31 = 55 %
  • June: 1 of 2 = 50 %
  • 2019: 38 of 62 = 61 %
My goal is to sew more than 2 days/week (2 of 7 = 29%)

So happy to have fit in stitching 3 days this week of more than 15-minutes and then 1 day I squeezed in 8-minutes so it doesn't count in the stats, but it makes me happy. This week has been all about getting started on the next 2 machine stitching quilts. Since we won't have news about the house sale until closer to the end of June, I'm throwing my hat over the wall and get a new quilt (Simply Sparkle Bliss) done by the end of June.  The other thing needed for getting that top together is a Leaders/Enders project so I selected the pattern I won, Blue Skies and Sunny Days, by Sandra Jane Walker of Musings of a Menopausal Melon - MMM! Quilts.

This week, I figured out all the pieces I would need for both quilts. Then on Saturday instead of going to the quilt guild workshop that was cancelled, I went over to the cutting room, hung out with a few great quilters, and cut the quilt top center pieces for Sunny Days.

Time to go and setup my One Monthly Goal for June!

Next steps:
  1. Write blog post and link up to OMG June proposal
  2. Chain piece 4 sets of 4 rows and then press each row in an opposite direction
  3. Sew 16 rows together
How are you doing with consistency this week?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. Yeah for finding stitching time last week. You are doing really well at meeting your stitching time goals for 2019. Good luck with your OMG for June. Sorry to be so late commenting on last week's stitching challenge, it's been one of those weeks here. Thank you for linking up with the 15 minutes to stitch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouragement, Kate. Most appreciated.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts