15 Minutes To Stitch 2022 - Weeks 9 & 10

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch since 2020 and am a fan of her blog. She's continuously hosted since 2011!


My 2022 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year, same as 2021.

  • Week 9: 4 of 7 = 57 %
    • 42 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • Week 10: 4 of 7 = 57 %
    • 38 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • February 25 of 28 = 89%
  • March 3 of 6 = 50%
  • 2022: 56 of 65 = 86 %
Totally crazy stressed myself out with work, outdoor dog event practice and trying to keep up the same sewing as I had in prior winter months. It was not possible and something had to give. It was me. I ended up with a migraine and had to take a day off from almost everything. Luckily it was a Sunday and I was able to reschedule the hair appointment for another month out. And I did get the dog's nails dremeled before realizing it was time for self care. 

My sewing stats have significantly decreased, but that's to allow me to enjoy that when I do have time for it. No need to stress myself in that area.

I am sharing my weekly goals that help me focus on a small task to get me breaking down large steps into small bites.

Sew one thing: 
Prior post week: FMQA Sampler flimsy center - Completed 2/23
Last week: HB Charity Pocket Quilts - first 5 - Completed 2/28
This week: First thread for HB star binding

So, how did the sewing projects go?

Top items with progress:
1) Free Motion Quilting Academy Sampler (FAL #7, flimsy is Feb OMG). Flimsy center pieces all webbed together. And then 3 of 12 row sewn together

Border fabric hanging on a Dollar Tree towel rack in the background.


2) HoneyBeeQuilters Guild is collecting pocket quilts with hearts (wooden or buttons) sewn inside. I've started and have 3 quilt tops ready for sandwiching. Large hearts have shown up.


Updating Mini Archie's Fettle Those Finishes! to continue my focus for the First Quarter of 2021. 

Fettle Those Finishes! priority projects (Q1):

  1. Rock Candy Table Topper (FAL #1) - COMPLETED
  2. Easy Breezy Leader/Ender quilt for Doggie (FAL #2) - COMPLETED
  3. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #3 & OMG) - Folded Star 1 - IN PROGRESS
  4. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #4 & OMG) - Folded Star 2 - IN PROGRESS
  5. 2022 BOM Toes in the Sand Sampler, thru Block 3 - IN PROGRESS
  6. 2022 BOM Toes in the Sand Kit, thru Block 3 - IN PROGRESS
  7. HoneyBeeQuilters Donation Pocket Quilts (5 donated, 6 more completed, 6 more in progress) - IN PROGRESS
  8. Free Motion Quilting Academy Motifs Sampler  (FAL #7) - IN PROGRESS
  9. Free Motion Quilting Academy Practices - ON HOLD
  10. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #3) - Potholder 1 - Not Started
  11. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #4) - Potholder 2 - Not Started
  12. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #3) - Mug Rug 1 - Not Started
  13. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #4) - Mug Rug 2 - Not Started
  14. Fabric Cafe Byzantine Door secret gift quilt 1 (FAL #5) - ON HOLD
  15. Fabric Cafe Byzantine Door secret gift quilt 2 (FAL #6) - ON HOLD
  16. Sewing H.Q! quilted sign (FAL #9) - ON HOLD
  17. Free Motion Quilting Academy Whole Cloth Quilt (FAL #8) - ON HOLD
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. Sounds like your March started similar to mine. I'm taking a few days off for self care and recovery. Hope things have lined out again and you can enjoy your time in the sewing room, how every much you manage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts