2021 Planning - DawnyK

Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl is hosting another year of Planning Party! So for #2021PlanningParty what's the plan?


To join in before the end of 2020 or to see what everyone is planning, head over to her page!

What's in my plans for 2021? Love of fun sewing and other projects!!!

First, I've decided to participate in 2 paid BOM's both through Pink Door Fabrics:

  1. Smitten - English Paper Piecing using Heather Ross' Malibu fabric line. I LOVE Heather's Trixie line and have made the Trixie doll, but still have yet to finish her companion Thomas
  2. Nebula - Jaybird Quilts has designed the pattern and using Tula Pink fabrics


AND I'm also going to continue with Patterns By Jen's 2021 Color Challenge which is a BYOF (bring your own fabric). I've purchased the 2021 Kona Color of the Year - Horizon as the background and Moda Fabric's Aloha Batiks Fat Quarters Bundle for the focus fabrics. I am hoping these work together nicely, otherwise, I'll have to re-plan.


Smitten will be the first EPP BOM and full quilt of that technique. Since making Trixie and creating a few QAYG blocks by hand, I am ready to try EPP again. I want something I can pick-up when the dogs persuade me that sitting on the sofa is more fun then sewing at the machine or going into the Sewing H.Q.! to be able to cut and press.

Then, there is the UFO LIST. Everything planned and in progress will continue on 'the list' until it is either completed or cancelled. There were a few cancellations in 2020, but the list is still ridiculously long with 127 projects. I expect my '2020 Christmas presents' list to roll into Q1 of 2021 and even beyond. 

I will continue with my blogging and my time-based goals and link-ups: 

I am having more fun sewing in the new space with all my tools then ever before. My favorite acquisitions in 2020 were the TNT Quilt Boards Pressing Station and Cricut Easy Press 2 largest size. Those 3 items have made a world of difference. Plus the anti-fatigue mats between and in front of the Cutting Table and Pressing Station make it a joy to stand there. The Sewing H.Q.! is for working and there are no chairs or relaxing seats. Not enough space and I want to relax in the living room with my family. My sewing machine is out there also to keep me from getting isolated.


Back to sewing objectives? How about a 2020 recap?

There were 6 quilts finished in 2020, from a small mugrug and guild name tag to a throw for my birthday and a 70"x70" Bandanas and Jeans quilt started in 2015 (oldest UFO and the reason I got a sewing machine). These were the most finishes in any year since 2015 when I started sewing again. The 2nd most was 2017 with 5 quilts completed. 

Similarly, 27 non-quilt sewing projects were completed in 2020 which is the most since 2015 with 2018 being the runner up with 21. I may have finished more between then and now IF we hadn't decided to move across country which took over a year to stage the old house (boxed up ALL projects and sewing machines) then moved 950 miles. It was a blast and I LOVE where we are, reason #1: I have a Sewing H.Q. with 7 IKEA Billy Bookcases customized to the space! 

Out of the 129 unique items on the quarterly 2020 Finish-A-Long lists, 7 were completed and 10 were cancelled. For Q1 2021 there are 127 items that are not done as of December 31st.

It's taken some consideration, but I realize that I love having a lot of projects to work on and I LOVE them all. So, I don't mind that 28 of the 127 projects are started and not completed. All 127 have fabric set aside so they are ready to be started. I'm going to roll with it and enjoy being the way that I am right now.  

And I will continue to have the support of my little friends gang for prodding me into sewing 15-minutes/day for at least 50% of the days of 2021 and posing for photos for the #wooliamgang on Instagram

Link-Ups:

Comments

Popular Posts