January BOM - PBJ 2020 Color Challenge

Jen Shaffer has a terrific Block of the Month (BOM) program and this is my 2nd year participating (skipped 2019 due to moving).

It's time for the January Link-Up!

Kona Navy (dark) background
This year, I'll be doing a dark background set using Kona Navy and a light background set using Kona Oyster. Only one block is required for the link-up. There are still 2 days left, but I'd rather get this linked up early than not at all.

Here's my January Gold Finch fabric selections with their mono-photos so I could pick the best contrast. That's been one of my downfalls in liking the selected fabrics in the past.




I'll use the upper right-hand fabric with the Oyster background
Using two paths gives me the opportunity to try different techniques. Navy background fabrics use Best Press for wrinkle removal. Oyster will be my first use of Sta-Flo (50/50 with water). I don't use water in my irons, just spray the material.

Jen's video on assembling this first block of 2020 showed a terrific pinning technique for getting seams to match. I'll be using that from now on!!!

If you want to join in the 2020 Color Challenge check out the post HERE.

Link-up:
January Color Challenge Link Up AS #48





Comments

Popular Posts