15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Weeks 2 and 3

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020

My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.

I missed reporting last week so combined both Weeks 2 & 3 in this post:
  • Week 2: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 100 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • Week 3: 7 of 7 = 100 %
    • 141 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • January: 17 of  19 = 89 %
  • 2020: 17 of 19 = 89 %
Second 2020 project has been completed, the Name Tag for my local Modern Quilt Guild's January Challenge. Since the reveal is next Sunday, this project will need to also remain a secret until after that. Below are pictures of the back. I loved the Fat Quarter Shop ribbon and used it for my ties. I didn't like how the old nametag was a fixed length, so this one can simply be tied. 

While I was thinking that I would do Foundation Paper Piecing, I decided to go in a different direction and again used the Cricut Maker. It was great to have precision pieces cut without my fingers cramping up.



Okay, so what's next? First what's due in January?
  1. 1/26 Quilt guild meeting:
    1. Block of the Month:
      1. Block 1 yields 2 blocks
      2. Block 2
  2. Patters By Jen's 2020 Color Challenge Block of the Month first block
    1. Cut both Background colors for all blocks
    2. Make 2 blocks - one with each background
  3. 2/4 Quilt guild meeting:
    1. 20 red batik 10" squares for the Monthly swap
  4. Continue the Cricut Maker Block of the Week Sequel as Leaders/Enders
  5. Continue the Guild Workshop throw sized quilt: Dresden reverse applique window technique with tool by Annie McHugs
  6. Continue patching jeans including decorative stitching planned for the one where the puppy tore above the knee
    What are you working on?

    Link-Ups:

    Comments

    1. You've got a pretty good start with your stitching time in 2020. The back of your name tag is pretty fun, I really like that print. Hope this week is even better than last week. Happy stitching!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts