15 Minutes To Stitch 2019 - Week 46 - PUPPY!!!

It's a great idea to track my sewing time to provide motivation on my projects. Since I am a fan of Kate's Life in Pieces blog, her 15 Minutes to Stitch 2019 seems like the right thing to do.

My commitment started on Tuesday the 2nd of April, Stitching statistics as of Sunday, November 17:
  • Week 46: 3 of 7 = 43 % 
    • 21 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • November: 7 of 17 = 41 %
  • 2019: 130 of 230 = 57 %
My goal is to sew more than 2 days/week (2 of 7 = 29%)

This week had sewing only at the beginning of the week. This got me to the successful test of making my own patterns with hand sewing lines from another source, like the Trixie Doll panel. Need to photograph and hand manipulate cutting lines around the rest of the doll and clothing pieces.

First Cricut made 2 muslin test pieces with water soluble pen drawn sewing lines
Then the rest of the week was all about preparation for PUPPY PICK-UP on Saturday.

Trixie, Sunny, and I left Saturday morning at 3:10am to catch our 5:17 flight and then connection arriving at 9:41 am.
Trixie and Sunny ready in their Go bag
We waited and read a book purchased in the airport

Then it was PUPPY-TIME!!!

We checked-in and used the Pet Relief area and flew home in 2 legs. Took us some time to work things out in the first flight, but since my row was empty his carrier was strapped into the airplane seat and he finally napped.
Finally napping

Sunny and Trixie checking him out

Whippet-style sleeping
Before the 2nd flight, we played and as long as his head was outside the carrier, he slept just fine. A few noises woke him, but a gentle hand on his head/neck set him back to sleep.
Snoozing under the airplane seat
11pm first introductions at home went well, Kipper's tail just kept wagging.

Kipper's not so happy as of Sunday, he's having to share space, food, treats, and attention with the puppy. We will keep making sure he has his own love and attention.

Instead of going to a quilt guild meeting today, I stayed home and napped. I am still a bit exhausted.

This week, I will need to work on the Trixie shapes into Adobe Illustrator then Cricut Designer so I can make my first commission pieces.

Using the InstaGram #StickyProdAlong2019 to help keep me focused on my top priority items through the end of the year.

Next top priority steps:
  1. Photograph Trixie panel
  2. Create paths in Illustrator
  3. Import sewing & cutting shapes into Cricut Design
  4. Cut Real Trixie sisters and clothing shapes
  5. Start hand-sewing Trixie sisters
How are you doing with consistency this week?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. Congrats on the new addition to the family. Hope you were able to get in some good stitching time this week while still loving up on both of the furry guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. Working through it all and trying my best. Sleep is most important for non-working hours.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts