First 2019 FAL Finish - Trixie, her clothes, and quilt

It's been a banner year for change in my life. My family successfully moved 950 miles across country to a new state far from where I had been before. And I LOVE it here!

New home is bigger, more open, and I have a sewing room! My sewing machine and cabinet are in the great room where hubby and I can spend time together in the evenings after my work. The sewing room is for cutting and storing my myriad of projects, stash and supplies. I'm looking forward to setting it up in the near future.

In the mean time, I'm sewing again after almost 11 months with only a little sewing due to staging, packing, selling, moving, buying, and unpacking.



From my #ridiculouslylongfallist HERE I've finished #2: Trixie, her clothes, & quilt from the panel by Heather Ross.
Trixie rough cut pieces

Here she is all done:

Thanks to Dizzy Quilter, Jennifer Strauser, for introducing me to doll panels with her Trixie and Thomas post. I used her suggestion of The Bottom Line and then used tiny running back stitches to assemble her. I did make sure to leave a hole in the shorts for her tail.


I am happy with her jaunty little face matching her tail and some of the fabric in her ears.

Top is like a mod dress before finishing

Trixie enjoying her quilt in the sewing room

It's getting late and I'm looking forward to my first FAL link-up since December 2018.

Link-Ups:
2019 Finish-A-Long - Quarter 3 Finishes Link Up as #213







Comments

Popular Posts