15 Minutes To Stitch 2019 - Week 42

It's a great idea to track my sewing time to provide motivation on my projects. Since I am a fan of Kate's Life in Pieces blog, her 15 Minutes to Stitch 2019 seems like the right thing to do.

My commitment started on Tuesday the 2nd of April, Stitching statistics as of Sunday, October 13:
  • Week 42: 7 of 7 = 100 % 
    • 62 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • October: 18 of 20 = 90 %
  • 2019: 115 of 202 = 57 %
My goal is to sew more than 2 days/week (2 of 7 = 29%)

This week was incredible. Hubby helped me with my work attitude and by Thursday and Friday things were going more smoothly. Hubby and I put together a sauna on Saturday and it was so much fun. He is such a happier person and is easier to live with in our new home.

I got to enjoy a new quilt guild on Sunday, JAX MQG (Jacksonville Modern Quilt Guild). Last night I even figured out that my sleeplessness was caused by my mold/mildew allergy to the old books unpacked into the bedroom. I have added a diffuser and Thieves oil into the bedroom to take care of the offending source and slept so well last night!

I did finally finish the Jelly Roll Rug coil ball

Kim sitting next to me at the guild meeting figured out how to get Trixie to stand on her own. It was so cool

Had zigzag issues with my Janome 9400 but similar to other people on the Facebook group so I have some things to try next week:

In my 'down time' I've watched many YouTubes on using the Cricut Maker.

Accomplishments this week included from last week's list:
  1. Finished the Jelly Roll Rug coil
  2. Updated the 2019 Q4 Finish-A-Long blog post to have two Cricut Maker Sampler quilts by Carolina Moore
  3. Watched many YouTubes on using the Cricut Maker
Was totally exhausted Sunday night after the guild meeting and didn't get to this blog post for an extra day.

Next steps:
  1. Get Jelly Roll Rug zigzag to sew properly either with my big machine or my back-up
  2. After Wednesday's package arrives, start cutting fabric with Cricut Maker both custom shapes and Carolina Moore's sampler quilts
  3. Scan and load Trixie shapes into Cricut Design
How are you doing with consistency this week?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. You've done really well this year on meeting your stitching goals. Not being able to sleep is not fun, glad you figured out a solution on that front. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts