August BOM - PBJ 2021 Color Challenge - Mushroom (Tan)

2021 is my third year participating in the Patterns By Jen Monthly Color Challenge.


This year I have selected the Kona Color of the Year: Horizon as the background for all blocks. The colors selected by Jen all seemed to be found in Aloha Batiks in a Fat Quarter Bundle. 




I love Mushrooms!!! I grew up in Kennett Square, PA, the Mushroom Capital of the World. The farms there produce over 500 million pounds every year which is half the US mushroom crop. The white mushrooms are what I think of, so I went with a white with some tan-ish dos in the batik fabric for this month. 

Here are my April Tan blocks inspired by Mushrooms: 2", 6" and 12": 

And Lil'Trixie loves to check out her blocks every month! She is very proud of how her block matches the big one this month.

Pulled out next month's fabrics ready for the beginning of September with Soft Yellow inspired by Pineapples and looking forward to it.

Link-Ups:

Comments

Popular Posts