15 Minutes To Stitch 2021 - Weeks 31 and 32

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch since 2020 and am a fan of her blog. She's continuously hosted since 2011!


My 2021 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.

  • Week 31: 7 of 7 = 100 %
    • 263 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • Week 32: 5 of 7 = 71 %
    • 45 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • July: 30 of 31 = 97%
  • August: 6 of 8 = 75%
  • 2021: 192 of 220 = 87 %
Changing my life over the last few weeks has been a challenge. My mind is a little scrambled as to what's been going on. I'm following Dr. Mindy Pelz advice. She's got books, YouTubes and a Facebook support group. So far it's helping. I've changed my eating and then broken out in a detox rash (no itching). But found a YouTube on how to handle it and took steps to help both my liver and my skin. Have taken it easy today and loved the day with my family.

Made more progress with the dogs in both Nigel Reed's "The Dog Guardian" method detailed in his online course for Aggressive and Nervous dogs and Susan Garrett's Home School the Dog course. 

On the sewing front, I've had to take a step back and relax now that I got my July goals done shortly into August. 

So, how did the sewing go?

Top items with progress:
1) All three blocks for July Patterns By Jen 2021 Color Challenge completed and fabric cut for three August Patterns By Jen 2021 Color Challenge.




2) Geo Grid Quilt continued preparing my own 12 blocks to make the size quilt I want. 2 purple ones last week previously assembled, 6 more partially cut. Picture from last week also contains 2 of the green Cheerful Quilt Blocks:


3) Kinship Fusion Sampler 100 Days 100 Blocks 2021, finished two more blocks in the collection all from Tula Pink fabrics:



4) All About Me guild challenge quilt - The August meeting where we try to guess the person based on the quilt has happened. And now I still want to finish it as it's nostalgic for me. Starting with my young live in the bottom.


5) Secret Project: MQG QuiltCon 2022 Artisan Cotton Fabric Challenge - No photos until after the submission. I have an initial design that I like in EQ8, and need to get some additional fabrics to make it work.

6) Cheerful Quilt: Flimsy is assembled. Need to cut and sew the backing together.


Updating Mini Archie's Fettle Those Finishes! to continue my focus for the Third Quarter of 2021. 

Fettle Those Finishes! priority projects UPDATE (Q3):

  1. Geo Grid quilt - 30 blocks for exchange - DONE Q3
  2. Guild 2nd Lottery block for Party DONE Q3
  3. PBJ 2021 Color Challenge July (3 blocks) DONE Q3
  4. PBJ 2021 Color Challenge August (3 blocks) - IN PROGRESS
  5. Geo Grid quilt - 12 bonus blocks for my quilt - IN PROGRESS
  6. All About Me guild challenge quilt - IN PROGRESS
  7. Cheerful quilt - IN PROGRESS
  8. Kinship Fusion Sampler - #100days100blocks2021 - IN PROGRESS
  9. SECRET: QuiltCon 2022 Artisan Cotton Fabric Challenge - IN PROGRESS
  10. Two Hold Tite Folio's for SewTites
  11. EPP Training Tablerunner - ON HOLD
  12. Honey Teddy Bear ON HOLD
  13. Unicorn "Bear" ON HOLD
  14. 2020 PBJ Monthly Color Challenge Assembly & Finish - ON HOLD
  15. 2021 EPP BOM Smitten - Months 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 - IN PROGRESS
  16. Journey2Nebula #2: Lucky Charm pillow
  17. Journey2Nebula #3: Jawbreaker
  18. Journey2Nebula #5: Candy Dish (2-for-1)
  19. Journey2Nebula #6: Gazebo
  20. Journey2Nebula #1: Seaside - Living room table runner ON HOLD
  21. Journey2Nebula #4: Rock Candy ON HOLD
  22. Journey2Nebula #8: Infinity Stones Throw ON HOLD
  23. 2021 BOM Nebula - Blocks 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5
  24. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #1 (FAL #1)
  25. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #2 (FAL #4)
  26. Fabric Roll as Happy Go Lucky (FAL #56)
  27. EPP training - Heart kit
  28. Pick a 2nd washable purse for myself (from FAL #5, 93, 96, 97, 98, 100, 101)
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. You've done well on your July goals. My favorite are your Kinship Fusion sampler blocks, love the jewel tones. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Kate! I also love those sampler blocks!!! Can't wait to make more soon. Happy stitching!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts