Two Donation Pillowcases - 2021 Q1 Finish-A-Long 1st Finish

One of my local quilt guilds requested each member make and bring two pillowcases to donate to Smiles for Casey at the January meeting. Usually, the regional quilt show hosted by 7 local guilds provides an opportunity for attendees to make pillowcases. This project is the 1st finish in 2021 Q1 as number 88 on the planning list HERE.


The first step was to find kid friendly fabric; this cute print was on sale online and my favorite colors are yellow and green so those were the accent fabrics selected. On the fabric.com website there is a tool to move fabric swatches around so I grabbed this screenshot:


I decided to make the one with the decorative flange using the 'hot dog' method and French seam. My favorite YouTube for this method is by SewVeryEasy. I did trim the first seam to about 1/8" to get these:



After the turn, making the second seams and a good press, both cases are done:



Of course, the snoopervising gang had to come out and check my work before I turn them in:

This finish was posted to Instagram: @DawnyKquilts on January 3 #2021falq1finish.


Would love to hear about what you are up to. Please leave a comment below.

Comments

Popular Posts