15 Minutes To Stitch 2021 - Weeks 3 & 4

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch since 2020 and am a fan of her blog. She's continuously hosted since 2011!


My 2021 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.

  • Week 3: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 46 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • Week 4: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 77 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • January: 19 of 24 = 79 %
  • 2021: 19 of 24 = 79 %
This month work is more intense and I haven't been as focused on blogging as I had hoped. I think I have been a little depressed and introverted with the news. I am trying to keep my head down and focus on what I can do. Dealing with my own feelings of inadequacy and inability to do everything that I want. Luckily, there are people I can reach out to and get support from. They helped me put everything in perspective and shared their own experiences. I found out I am in just the right place at the right time.

So, how did the sewing go this week?

Top items with progress:
1) Dixie Dachshund for my Grandmother by following the suggestions on the Shannon Fabrics Minky Cuddle basics YouTube and Theresa's suggestions on the video series on making FunkyFriendsFactory Ellie the Elephant from Minky Cuddle . So far the head is together and most of the body



2) Patterns By Jen's 2021 Color Challenge - Have all the January 12" pieces cut and just need the Purple pieces for the 6" block

For all 12-months fabrics are selected and the background is cut for the 12" blocks, 6" block version are in progress.


3) On Facebook, a group of Janome owners have banded together to work on the Quilters Workbook to learn more about what can be done with our machine. We are doing one chapter each Sunday as a self-study and have the group to share progress and ask questions. I've started receiving the ordered supplies to be able to execute all the lessons including a set of quilt blocks. So far the first 2 Chapters have been completed.


Updating Mini Archie's Fettle Those Finishes! to continue my focus for the new year. 

Fettle Those Finishes! top priority remaining items:

  1. Journey2Nebula #1: Seaside - Living room table runner (FAL #2) - ON HOLD
  2. Journey2Nebula #4: Rock Candy (FAL #3) - ON HOLD
  3. Journey2Nebula #8: Infinity Stones Throw (FAL #1) - ON HOLD
  4. Secret Gift for Grandmother (FAL #91) - IN PROGRESS
  5. Machine Workbook Exercises - IN PROGRESS
  6. 2021 Patterns By Jen - Background Cutting & January Block - IN PROGRESS
  7. Secret Sewing gift for a friend (FAL #93)
  8. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #1 (FAL #30)
  9. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #2 (FAL #31)
  10. Unicorn Roll as Happy Go Lucky (FAL #83)
  11. Christmas Table Topper (FAL #34)
  12. Finish 8 Journey2Nebula Projects:
    1. Lucky Charm - Living room pillow to match runner
    2. Jawbreaker
    3. Candy Dish
    4. Gazebo
  13. EPP training - Heart kit
  14. Pick a washable purse for myself (FAL #96, 109, 116, 122, 124)
What are you working on?

  

Comments

  1. Hope you are feeling much better and that work has died down a bit. January is hard with the let down after the holidays and the often cold and dreary weather. You've got lots of fun projects going on. Enjoy your stitching time this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. It has been a terrific an fast moving month. Hope you are getting your stitching time in this week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts