15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Week 40

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020


My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 40: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 68 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • September: 21 of 30 = 70 %
  • October: 4 of 4 = 100 %
  • 2020: 231 of 278 = 83 %
On Saturday night, the Bandannas and Jeans quilt was completed. This was my September (didn't make it) and October One Monthly Goal. It was also Q3 2020 Finish-A-Long item number 29, which is my 3rd finish for the quarter. This was the longest unfinished project started in 2015 when I got my first Janome after being without a working sewing machine since 2000.

This quilt is right now keeping me warm on my chair, but was made for the dog chiropractor visits so we can lay it on the concrete patio and have a nice place to hold the dogs. The quilt will also travel with me to dog events when we start going again to have a place to sit on the ground and work on the dogs. 

I need to get another quilt finished so I can have one on my chair while watching TV. Adding Hope is hanging out upstairs in my office on my Meditation Chair.




This quilt was a pattern in Japanese Folded Patchwork book by Mary Clare Clark. Her's was a cute set of Bandannas that look like various obtained one, not purchased. Once I saw these fancy red ones with the Blue and Yellow I was hooked and wanted to make these.

I have also prepared my Q4 2020 Finish-A-Long post and joined Mini Archie's Fettle Those Finishes! to push the finishes towards the end of the year. 

How has your week been?

Fettle Those Finishes! top priority items:

  1. Patterns By Jen 2020 Monthly Color Challenge - 2 October Blocks
  2. #wooliamgangstnicolasdaygiftswap2020 #1 (FAL #2)
  3. #wooliamgangstnicolasdaygiftswap2020 #2 (FAL #19)
  4. Quilt Guild - 2 Gift Blocks for Christmas Party raffle
  5. Patterns By Jen 2020 Monthly Color Challenge - 2 November Blocks
  6. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #1 (FAL #1)
  7. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #2 (FAL #4)
  8. Unicorn Roll as Happy Go Lucky (FAL #56)
  9. Christmas Table Topper (FAL #78)
  10. Patterns By Jen 2020 Monthly Color Challenge - 2 December Blocks
  11. Local MQG - BOM blocks as they become available
  12. Pick a washable purse for myself (from FAL #5, 93, 96, 97, 98, 100, 101)
  13. Local MQG - BOM, if possible by end of year
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. Congrats on a very fun finish! You made really good use of those bandannas. Hope this week is as productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate! Getting a finish is so satisfying!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts