Bandannas and Jeans Quilt - October One Monthly Goal Finish and Q3 Finish-A-Long 3rd Finish

This is the longest time coming finish so far. In 2015, I finally had the resources to start a new hobby. My Pfaff sewing machine from the 1970's bit the dust around 2000 so I hadn't sewn since then. I had held onto the Japanese Folded Patchwork book by Mary Clare Clark since before getting married in 1998. The Bandannas and Jeans quilt looked terrific and with my Whippets and our activities, I wanted an outdoor blanket to put on the ground at dog events to be able to tend to the dogs. In 2015, I did get the 25 Bandannas washed, pressed and sewn together. 

I tried to finish this One Monthly Goal in September, but couldn't quite manage it. Now, it has been finished as October's goal. Check out the other OMG goals:



This project is the 3rd finish in 2020 Q3 and was number 29 on the planning list HERE. This is the most finished in an Quarter of 2020 off the list.

Here's the picture from 2015 with all the Bandannas washed, dried, pressed and sewn together started on May 17, 2015 in our house in New Jersey: 

And here it is, the finished quilt on the living room of the house in Florida!

The denim on the quilt bottom was reclaimed from old jeans, some from my Dad's attic when we cleaned out after he and my Step-Mom passed away within 1.5 years of each other and used from thrift shops. Dad's jeans have beige paint or some other construction material stains, perfect for a quilt to lay on the ground.


I feel lighter for having finished this project. It looks just like I hoped it would. 

In this picture, the Gang are admiring the finished quilt folded over and reviewing the label (SirT, Sunny, hAPi, Horsey & Trixie):

Would love to hear about what you are up to. Please leave a comment below.

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. Very fun! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty. I love having this quilt available to use. Very helpful to set it as OMG for two months until it was done.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts