15 Minutes To Stitch 2019 - Week 21

It's a great idea to track my sewing time to provide motivation on my projects. Since I am a fan of Kate's Life in Pieces blog, her 15 Minutes to Stitch 2019 seems like the right thing to do.

My commitment started on Tuesday the 2nd of April, Stitching statistics as of Sunday, May 26:
  • Week 21: 4 of 7 = 57 % 
    • 36 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • May: 15 of 26 = 58 %
  • 2019: 34 of 55 = 62 %
My goal is to sew more than 2 days/week (2 of 7 = 29%)

So happy to have fit in stitching 4 days this week. After some quilting, the block and I had words and some of the quilting had to be removed. Luckily, I learned more about NOT stitching every 1/4" to give more interest. This was a great experience and I'm so grateful to Sandra at MMM! Quilts for posting about her troubles with the Pasque Star Flimsy that helped me to understand that I could work WITH the quilt and listen to it.

This does put me closer to my hand-sewing project goals: my May One Month Goal - Moda Matchbox #2 as Quilt-As-You-Go block completion and the Q2 2019 Finish-A-Long proposed #1 - Quilt of all 9 Moda Matchboxes as wall hanging goal (Not going to get done by end of Q2).
Here's the final photo of Kit #2:


Next steps:
  1. Write blog post and link up to OMG
  2. Figure out cuts needed for next 2 quilts to be sewn by machine:
    1. Primary will be main one sewn, a kit of 5" squares (13 by 16). Then need borders cut and the backing assembled
    2. Secondary is the Blue Skies and Sunny Days pattern I won from Sandra on MMM! Quilts
  3. Set up the machine for consistent quarter inch seam
How are you doing with consistency this week?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. Love the hand stitching in that block. Very pretty. Congrats on fitting in some time to stitch this week. It can be a tall order some weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate. Good luck with your stitching.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts