Progress before the weekend - 8/4/2018

With longer job work hours, adding gym workouts, and still dealing with some health issues, I'm so pleased that I did get some physical work done on my August projects.

For Finish-A-Long Q3 2018, Pack-It-Up! pouch #3 now has both the interfacing fused to the fabric and the braid fabric cut out. There was also enough material in the kit to make a 2nd braid for another bag:

These braids are ready to sew with Leader/Enders using my August 2018 Color Challenge (Yellow/Red-Orange) block which is also mostly cut:

I still haven't committed to the center fabric. When I first selected the fabrics the seashell fabric on the left seemed to go with the other batiks well. But when I think of the challenge colors the berries on the right speak to me. Also the B&W photo with the berries is more striking of a difference with the oranges. Also, I think the berries will go with the other blocks created so far. But my Facebook friends responding to a poll so far like the seashells better at 65% to 35% and as a DYT T1, I hate disappointing my friends.

Another topic on my mind is to organize my stash and PIGS (projects in grocery sacks) better. And how to put away the silk supplies since the parasols quilt is done. Or do I make a special label before putting everything away in case it is accepted into an AQS show and the label needs me address.

So many things I want to accomplish and only so much time & energy in a weekend. What are you up to?

Linking Up With:


Comments

  1. YAY! I'm right there with you with minimal time lately! Gotta celebrate the small wins of getting things done :) Thanks for linking up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Sherry. Added your link-up ref.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts