Next Project: Quilted Ottoman Cover

Starting on my next sewing project - Quilted Ottoman Cover, #8 of my 2018 Q3 Finish-A-Long entries

While it has been fun having my Great-Grandmother's final quilt made with old nylons stuffed in various fabric squares hand sewn together as the cover to my ottoman, it's not quite what I want anymore. The new cover will be easily washable. 


Quilt covered Ottoman & Sheet covered chair
Here's the fabric 'design' that I chose, muddy paw prints with maroon batik as a ring:

Well, I've got the supplies to make the cover and took a picture. It will be backed with flannel.

And over the weekend, the fabric was washed & dried. But something came up and so the fabric is waiting on the ironing board for a pressing.

Have to finish up something first and then I'll get back to it.

What are you up to? Have you done any furniture covers?




Comments

  1. Good luck with the ottoman cover. Hopefully you can find a bit more time over the three day weekend to make some really good progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. I hope to get back to it soon. I'll have to work part of the weekend, but maybe I can make a little progress.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts