First major competition entry - Parasols off on an adventure & this week's accomplishments

Parasols quilt is now off on an adventure to Mancuso's Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza in Oaks, PA from September 13-16, 2018. I'm already scheduled to be there for a couple workshops so I will get to visit it hanging at the show.

I didn't want to jinx it so I waited until the quilt was documented as received by the shipping company.

Here's a photo from the shoot that hubby and I took outside on a blisteringly hot day in July. I needed his help to setup the pop-up frame. My quilt guild (Rebecca's Reel Quilters) used pop-up frames with zip-ties to hold the poles in a local gymnasium since we couldn't use our normal venue. I loved the frames for the show and left the zip-ties since I don't use the pop-up much. Good thing that I left them on so we could easily use a large Hang-It Dang-It pole to get it in the zip-ties and take a photo outside in the sun



This week not only did I take some time off from work to take it to be shipped, but I also had to do some hand-stitching. New discovery for me: hand-stitch the sides of the hanging sleeve back to the quilt so that no one puts the hanger behind the sleeve and rips up some of your hand-stitching. :-P I also created a new label with my address & phone number and also made a new label cover with the quilt name on it. The new label was hand-stitched over the prior one and the new label cover was safety pinned into place. The label & cover are octagons in the same silk as the quilt back. Hmmm, should have taken a picture. Instead here's a picture of the back when the quilt was laid out on our bed. You can see the blank label cover in the lower right hand corner as an Octagon without any ribs.

What did you accomplish this week?

Link-Ups:
Confessions of a Fabric AddictCan I Get A Whoop Whoop? Small Victories...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts