2018 Monthly Color Challenge - September: Red-Violet

Made my September Red-Violet block in the 2018 Monthly Color Challenge with Patterns By Jen (links later in the post)


I finally settled down yesterday to do some sewing. PHEW, got it done all in 1-day. After last weekend being at the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza (PNQE) taking 2 full day classes (more on those in another post) and visiting with friends and walking the show, I was exhausted and didn't feel like sewing much this past week. 

Also, I'm reading The Plant Paradox by Dr. Steven Gundry and it's blowing my mind, explaining so many health challenges that I have had. So, I've been spending my evenings with that book instead of sewing this week.

Back to the September block, I started earlier this month by picking fat quarters and 10" squares, but wasn't inspired to start cutting the fabrics chosen:

During a meditation or shower, I remembered that there was a red-violet fabric in my wedding quilt stash and changed my fabrics selections:

Ah, so much better and the fabrics sat for another couple weeks while I prepared for and attended PNQE.

I did get a little too enthusiastic about 'stash taming' and had to re-piece to complete the Flying Geese units so there are 2 extra seams. It worked out alright so that's okay.

I'm so enjoying this Block Of The Month Challenge, it's the first one for me. This one is especially fun since there are different block authors to choose from. 

If you want to join in the September 2018 Monthly Color Challenge check out the post HERE.

For instructions on the 2018 Color Challenge check out the original post HERE. #2018MonthlyColorChallenge

Link-Ups:
September Color Challenge Link-Up as post #1

Comments

Popular Posts