One Monthly Goal - March 2024 Completed

March roared in and I was faced with the daunting task of starting over on one of my September Quilt Show entries. With that Challenge quilt due with the theme and fabrics for this year's show, I need to focus on that and cannot share it so I picked an easy Goal for sharing. I did start this Mug Mat from a kit in February. If you want to see everyone else's projects head over to the link-up:  

In February, one of my Quilt Guilds had a van trip to an American Quilter's Society show in Daytona Beach, FL. When I renewed my AQS membership, the swag bag included an adorable kit by June Tailor Inc made with the AccuQuilt cutting system, Quilt As You Go (QAYG) Twisted Strips Mug Mat. Unfortunately, my kit was missing 2 of the main blue fabric strips and I couldn't find a matching fabric in my stash. Instead, a Purple strip from my stash easily replaced the blue. The mat colors look great!

This project aligns with the Quilt Guild's Quilt As You Go challenge due at the March meeting. And then it will be turned in as donation for the September 2024 QuiltFest Jacksonville Silent Auction to benefit a local charity.

My One Monthly Goal March proposal is HERE which was number 4 on the link-up.

Photo of the kit:


The Mug Mat measures 10.5" wide by 9" tall. 2024 Project 12 was completed in 2-hours and 20-minutes.

Completed Mug Mat with purple instead of blue stripes:

Batik blue backing was picked from my stash:


What progress did you make in March?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts