PHD in 2022: June

In 2022, I'm continuing with QuiltingGail to work on my list of Projects Half Done. 

Oopsy, found another UFO and had to add it as number 41 for the 2022 UFOs. And there are also over 100 other projects with supplies separated and bagged (PIGS = Projects in Grocery Sacks) in my sewing room. So, I sometimes get distracted by one of those, sometimes luckily finishing it! 

For June 2022, one more UFO has been completed. That's 7 completed UFO's in 2022. I found inspiration with spiral quilting and followed it though to the end. I did travel for work but it didn't get in my way. 

20 of the 21 initiated projects in 2022 have been completed. One UFO completed this month. Need to catch up on the 4 BOM's where I have all the supplies. Below is a screenshot of my 2022 projects tracker from the spreadsheet provided by QuiltingGail. 



June completed projects:

1) UFO #9: Geo Grid Exchange Blocks renamed Magical Colourful World



2) Trixie's top and left arm were mended by hand, but no photo

3) Hand sewing accomplishment: Added snaps to Thomas and Trixie dungarees so they fit well after they are on.


3) 19 more Donation pocket quilts for hospital:



4) Jacksonville Modern Quilt Guild June Challenge Block which was pick Black or White and add a single color that starts with the same letter as one (or more) of you initials. Here's my Black and Dark Khaki or Desert Khaki:





Link-up:

Comments

  1. You are doing fantastic with your PHD in 2022! I admire how you're getting UFOs done and are doing great with finishing off your new starts! Way to go!!! Thanks for linking to PHD in 2022! Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gail! The first half of 2022 was very focused. So helpful to have the PhD categories to focus and pick each month's priorities! Thanks for the link-ups and encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Where was that UFO hiding?! And did it quiver when you picked it up and added it to the list?! I think you’re doing brilliantly with your lists, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked to find a UFO that was NOT on the PhD list. It was on the Q1 & Q2 Finish-A-Long lists. It was quite pleased to be picked as the July OMG and delighted get put on the PhD list. Let's see how July goes, dear friend.

      Delete
  3. The Geo Grid quilt is so colorful & fun. Great job on your PHD list this month. I'm curious: when you did the spiral quilting, did you use your walking foot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Susie! Yes, I used my walking foot. Draw a circle first and then draw a spiral out along the first quarter to get the spiral width desired. After that just use the sewing foot or a walking foot bar to keep the width consistent. I used 1.25" for this quilt which worked great for this block.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts