PHD in 2022: May

In 2022, I'm continuing with QuiltingGail to work on my list of Projects Half Done. 

While I have the 40 previously started projects listed as UFOs, There are also over 100 other projects with supplies separated and bagged (PIGS = Projects in Grocery Sacks) in my sewing room. So, I sometimes get distracted by one of those, sometimes luckily finishing it! 

For May 2022, one more UFO has been completed. That's 6 completed UFO's in 2022. I finally pushed myself to do a hand-sewing project. I was supposed to travel for work for a week, but it got moved to June. More hand-sewing will happen next month. But guess what? Thomas (#40) is now finished!

15 of the 16 initiated projects in 2022 have been completed. No additional UFO's completed this month. Trying to keep on top of the 4 BOM's where I have all the supplies. Below is a screenshot of my 2022 projects tracker from the spreadsheet provided by QuiltingGail. 



May completed projects:

1) UFO #40: Thomas with his overalls and playtent:

That means the entire Trixie and Thomas fabric panel is finished:


Trixie also got a pair of overalls since they look so cute:


2) Sallie Tomato Lucky Penny Wallet from kit, but with gold hardware substitute. Mr. Hubby Bear even complimented that it looks very professional.



3) Mailbox cover from Tarp with Cricut cut house numbers in sparkle holographic vinyl:


4) Quilt Guild held an embroidery workshop and one of the instructors lent me her machine. I completed all 4 projects:

5) Quilt Guild Challenge Block: 12.5" square Red, White and Blue with Flying Geese. Picture of the block next to the design created in EQ8:



6) Quilt Guild 30 Exchange Blocks:

7) Batik Fabric furniture backing for the living room. Bureau that has become an end-table is not facing a wall so needed an easy finish.




To keep me reminded that I have to continue making donation pocket quilts for the hospital, here's a picture of my sewing companion, Gracie with the first set made and donated:
The wooden hearts (bought over 100) are sewn into the layers. A little card with comforting text is tucked in the pocket.


Link-up:

Comments

  1. You've done well on the project finishing front. I really like your red, white and blue guild challenge blocks. Those will make a really cool quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm so happy with how everything turned out in May.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts