15 Minutes To Stitch 2022 - Week 3

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch since 2020 and am a fan of her blog. She's continuously hosted since 2011!


My 2022 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year, same as 2021.

  • Week 3: 7 of 7 = 100 %
    • 109 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • January 15 of 16 = 94 %
  • 2022: 15 of 16 = 94 %
Well, had a big blow-up this week and my Menopause Anger got the better of me. UGH! Focusing on tweaking my interpretation of living based on Abraham Hicks YouTubes. Found that I have a habitual thinking of myself that is centered in shame. The shame of not living up to other people's expectations. And continuing to practice from the book Chatter talking in my own mind about "Dawn's emotions" during work to keep me from getting lost in overwhelm.

So, how did the sewing projects go?

Top items with progress:
1) String and Story Free Motion Quilting Academy

Different basting sprays tested:
  1. S&S HAK Flour paste basting spray with cheap Vodka
  2. S&S HAK Flour paste basting spray with isopropyl alcohol
  3. Washable Glue diluted with water
  4. Washable Glue diluted with cheap Vodka
  5. Washable Glue diluted with isopropyl alcohol

I still need to write up a blog post and share my experiences to Facebook Quilt Guild groups.

This week, I watched 4 of the 6 Unit 2 videos and doodled 5 pages last night. I'm a little stopped since hubby complained about how loud the fast sewing machine is during FMQ and I haven't taken any opportunity while he was out of the room to practice. 

2) FMQA Sampler - I was going to use a Kona fat quarter bundle, but have decided to use fabrics from Tula Pink's new Mythical Solids, Unicorn Poop and Dragon's Breath. I've ordered some other Tula Pink fabrics to create something like this designed in EQ8, I did not map the colors but just used a best guess. I want this to be a quilt I am proud to display near my sewing machine to have as easy reference of the FMQA motifs.


3) Rock candy Table Topper from 2020 Journey 2 Nebula by Jaybird Quilts completely finished, soaked based on Stop My Bleeding Quilt protocol, washed and dried. It has found a home in Hubby's music room.  I am so pleased that he wanted it. 





4) Easy Breezy Doggie sized from Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville's 2020 Leader/Ender 6" blocks. Straight Line Quilting of the center is done and a pass of FMQ loopy line in the inner border.
Planning on stitching in the ditch between the inner and outer borders. Trying to learn the woodgrain FMQ motif out of FMQA Unit 2 to apply what I've been learning.

Looking ahead, next weekend will include the 2nd session of the Honeybee's Elfin Magic workshop and make progress on those remaining projects. 

Updating Mini Archie's Fettle Those Finishes! to continue my focus for the First Quarter of 2021. 

Fettle Those Finishes! priority projects (Q1):

  1. Rock Candy Table Topper (FAL #1) - COMPLETED
  2. Easy Breezy Leader/Ender quilt for Doggie (FAL #2) - IN PROGRESS
  3. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #3) - Potholder 1 - Not Started
  4. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #4) - Potholder 2 - Not Started
  5. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #3) - Mug Rug 1 - Not Started
  6. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #4) - Mug Rug 2 - Not Started
  7. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #3) - Other 1 - Not Started
  8. HoneyBeeQuilters Elfin Magic (part of FAL #4) - Other 2 - Not Started
  9. Free Motion Quilting Academy Practices - IN PROGRESS
  10. Fabric Cafe Byzantine Door secret gift quilt 1 (FAL #5) - ON HOLD
  11. Fabric Cafe Byzantine Door secret gift quilt 2 (FAL #6) - ON HOLD
  12. Free Motion Quilting Academy Motifs Sampler  (FAL #7) - ON HOLD
  13. Sewing H.Q! quilted sign (FAL #9) - ON HOLD
  14. Free Motion Quilting Academy Whole Cloth Quilt (FAL #8) - ON HOLD
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. You had a good week on the stitching front, you met your goal and then some. Your first finish with January not even half over. That's a strong pace to set for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Well, let's be generous with ourselves as the top was together in 2020 and the sandwich in 2021. Good to start the year by finishing something almost done. Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  2. Look at you with a fettled project already! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I love the focus that I've been able to have starting this year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts