15 Minutes To Stitch 2021 - Week 44

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch since 2020 and am a fan of her blog. She's continuously hosted since 2011!


My 2021 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.

  • Week 44: 7 of 7 = 100 %
    • 102 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • October: 31 of 31 = 100%
  • 2021: 267 of 304 = 88 %
My Rocketbook Orbit, clipboard style notebook, has arrived and I LOVE it. It is so easy to just pull out the plain sheets and doodle. Then use their app to upload to my OneNote account and put it in my quilt motif doodles notebook for my records. Use a little misting sprayer to remove the Frixion ink from a few pages at once and it's all ready to go again.  

I'm wishing I get a chance to try the different Basting Sprays made four weekends ago. I need to cut the batting to sit between the already pressed Fat Quarters. BUT have to finish the PBJ Blocks due today first. 

Continuing to work on who I want to be and forming my habits from the book Atomic Habits by James Clear, Still following Dr. Mindy Pelz YouTubes and The Menopause Reset book to help feel good. I have questions about how to determine who I want to be. And changes to be made. Abraham Hicks YouTubes before I fall asleep each night are helping to soothe and reframe my perspective.

So, how did the sewing projects go?

Top items with progress:
1) Modern Quilt Guild QuiltCon 2022 Artisan Challenge - Submitted for Quiltcon 2022. Will share a photo next week. Remaining steps are to hand sew on the hanging sleeve, create the label and hand-sew to the back. This quilt will not be shown until after the MQG submission process ends on October 31st. For fun, here's the MQG's photo of the focus fabrics for the Challenge:


One shape via Quilting Ruler being used is the Terry Twist Ruler by Sally Terry

2) PBJ Monthly Color Challenge - 3 October Blocks: Complete:


Lil'Trixie with her October Block:

3) String and Story Free Motion Quilting Academy
Different basting sprays to test:
  1. S&S HAK Flour paste basting spray with cheap Vodka
  2. S&S HAK Flour paste basting spray with isopropyl alcohol
  3. Washable Glue diluted with water
  4. Washable Glue diluted with cheap Vodka
  5. Washable Glue diluted with isopropyl alcohol

My commitment to doodle on 2 pages/day is going pretty well. With the Rocketbook sitting next to me at night, it's definitely easier.

4) Happy Go Lucky Unicorns quilt purchased in 2016: 36 pinwheels made. Moving on to the next step: 



5) Geo Grid Quilt from Guild Exchange Blocks (FAL #133) has become the new Leader/Ender project since I've sewn all the Easy Breezy kits made from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville 2020 L/E pattern. Blocks have been organized on the design wall:


6) Easy Breezy Doggie Quilt (FAL #4) has now been designed for the 6" blocks already made. I used EQ8 to determine all the pieces needed to finish this size. I used all the same fabrics in the software, but the real thing will be scrappy:


Updating Mini Archie's Fettle Those Finishes! to continue my focus for the Fourth Quarter of 2021. 

Fettle Those Finishes! priority projects UPDATE (Q4):

  1. Due 10/31: PBJ 2021 Color Challenge October 3 blocks - COMPLETED
  2. Due 10/31: SECRET: QuiltCon 2022 Artisan Cotton Fabric Challenge (FAL #130) - SUBMISSION COMPLETED, FINISHING TOUCHES IN PROGRESS
  3. Due 11/12?: Happy Go Lucky Unicorns quilt (FAL #56) - IN PROGRESS
  4. Due 11/30: PBJ 2021 Color Challenge November 3 blocks - Not Started
  5. Due 11/30: The Sandpiper Shuffle - Not Started
  6. Free Motion Quilting Academy Practices - IN PROGRESS
  7. Geo Grid (FAL #133) - IN PROGRESS
  8. Easy Breezy Leader/Ender quilt for Doggie (FAL #4) - IN PROGRESS
  9. Due ??/??: Baby Quilt, Just Get It Done Quilts' Stashbuster 4 - Not Started
  10. PBJ 2021 Color Challenge September (1 lil block needs FPP) - ON HOLD
  11. All About Me guild challenge quilt (FAL #132, needs borders) - ON HOLD
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. Another very productive week! Love your Geo Grid blocks. That's going to be a very colorful quilt. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Take it easy and enjoy the journey as much as you can.

      Delete
  2. Keep going, you’re making brilliant progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I'm having a terrific time with my projects.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts