15 Minutes To Stitch 2021 - Week 39

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch since 2020 and am a fan of her blog. She's continuously hosted since 2011!


My 2021 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.

  • Week 39: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 45 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • September: 22 of 26 = 85%
  • 2021: 232 of 269 = 86 %
Oh boy, has work been crazy for the last 2 weeks. Home life was also stressful with a number of changes. Switching internet providers has become more and more work over the years as so many devices are connected via WiFi. 

I've had a great start to String And Story's Fall 2021 Free Motion Quilting Academy. I'm realizing that I need to follow my own pace. She encouraged us to pick something in our closet and finish it with one of the first two motifs, Meander or Loopy Meander. There's a Fabric Cafe 3-yard lap quilt that I've been wanting to do since 2016. I've started putting the top together. I'm also going to try different Basting Sprays.

HollyAnne Knight has suggested the book Atomic Habits by James Clear. And I've started tracking my food macros and Intermittent Fasting on the kitchen calendar with shiny foil stars when I hit my targets. There's more that I need to look into my own current habits to be the person I want to be. 

So, how did the sewing projects go?

Top items with progress:
1) Modern Quilt Guild QuiltCon 2022 Artisan Challenge - working on the printed out EQ8 designs for starting to cut the provided and background fabrics:

2) PBJ Monthly Color Challenge - 3 September Blocks: Cut the fabric for all blocks. Here are the 2 person sized blocks for myself:

Lil'Trixie will have to wait until I've become inspired to execute another FPP block for September:

3) String and Story Free Motion Quilting Academy
Going to try a few different basting sprays to test:
  1. S&S HAK Flour paste baking spray
  2. Washable Glue diluted with water
  3. Washable Glue diluted with isopropyl alcohol

Second motif, Loopy Meander, doodle & practice quilt:


I am making a commitment to doodle on 2 pages/day going forward. 

4) Happy Go Lucky Unicorns quilt - Bought a roll of 3 one-yard cuts from Fabric Cafe's booth at an early quilt show I attended. I'm going to use this quilt as a piece to use my early FMQA motifs to finish.

So far, I've pressed and cut the white with blue dots.


Updating Mini Archie's Fettle Those Finishes! to continue my focus for the Third Quarter of 2021. 

Fettle Those Finishes! priority projects UPDATE (Q3):

  1. Geo Grid quilt - 30 blocks for exchange - DONE Q3
  2. Guild 2nd Lottery block for Party DONE Q3
  3. PBJ 2021 Color Challenge July (3 blocks) DONE Q3
  4. PBJ 2021 Color Challenge August (3 blocks) DONE Q3
  5. Geo Grid quilt - 12 bonus blocks for my quilt DONE Q3
  6. Cross Body Mobile Phone Pouch for Nurse friend DONE Q3
  7. PBJ 2021 Color Challenge September (2 big blocks) DONE Q3
  8. SECRET: QuiltCon 2022 Artisan Cotton Fabric Challenge - IN PROGRESS
  9. Happy Go Lucky Unicorns quilt - IN PROGRESS
  10. Free Motion Quilting Academy Practices - IN PROGRESS
  11. Free Motion Quilting Academy Sampler
  12. Free Motion Quilting Academy Whole Cloth
  13. All About Me guild challenge quilt - IN PROGRESS
  14. PBJ 2021 Color Challenge September (1 lil blocks) - IN PROGRESS
  15. Kinship Fusion Sampler - #100days100blocks2021 - ON HOLD
  16. Cheerful Christmas quilt - ON HOLD
  17. Two Hold Tite Folio's for SewTites
  18. EPP Training Tablerunner - ON HOLD
  19. Honey Teddy Bear ON HOLD
  20. Unicorn "Bear" ON HOLD
  21. 2020 PBJ Monthly Color Challenge Assembly & Finish - ON HOLD
  22. 2021 EPP BOM Smitten - Months 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 & 7 & 8 - IN PROGRESS
  23. Journey2Nebula #2: Lucky Charm pillow
  24. Journey2Nebula #3: Jawbreaker
  25. Journey2Nebula #5: Candy Dish (2-for-1)
  26. Journey2Nebula #6: Gazebo
  27. Journey2Nebula #1: Seaside - Living room table runner ON HOLD
  28. Journey2Nebula #4: Rock Candy ON HOLD
  29. Journey2Nebula #8: Infinity Stones Throw ON HOLD
  30. 2021 BOM Nebula - Blocks 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 & 7 & 8 & 9
  31. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #1 (FAL #1)
  32. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #2 (FAL #4)
  33. Fabric Roll as Happy Go Lucky (FAL #56)
  34. EPP training - Heart kit
  35. Pick a washable purse for myself (from FAL #5, 93, 96, 97, 98, 100, 101)
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. Wow, you've done a lot on the stitching and personal development front this week. Hope work dies down soon. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. I'm totally having a great fast-moving adventure right now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts