15 Minutes To Stitch 2021 - Week 38

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch since 2020 and am a fan of her blog. She's continuously hosted since 2011!


My 2021 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.

  • Week 38: 5 of 7 = 71 %
    • 73 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • September: 16 of 19 = 84%
  • 2021: 226 of 262 = 86 %
Oh boy, has work been crazy. AND I'm starting the String And Story Fall 2021 Free Motion Quilting Academy. We got a sneak peak of the first motif and I started practicing. 

Also, both dogs had birthdays, Kipper is 11 and Osky is now 2. I LOVE those boys. 

So, how did the sewing projects go?

Top items with progress:
1) Modern Quilt Guild QuiltCon 2022 Artisan Challenge - working on the printed out EQ8 designs for starting to cut the provided and background fabrics:

2) PBJ Monthly Color Challenge - 3 September Blocks: Cut the fabric for all blocks. Here are Lil'Trixie's Jan-June for reference:


3) String and Story Free Motion Quilting Academy
Received Fat Quarter Kona's solids bundle and selected FQ's for practice sandwiches; pressed all Fat Quarters for practice sandwiches. Going to try a few different basting sprays to test.

First motif, Meander, doodles & practice quilt:





With directions from HollyAnne Knight's videos on Tension, I was able to adjust my machine and fix the issue at the very beginning.

Updating Mini Archie's Fettle Those Finishes! to continue my focus for the Third Quarter of 2021. 

Fettle Those Finishes! priority projects UPDATE (Q3):

  1. Geo Grid quilt - 30 blocks for exchange - DONE Q3
  2. Guild 2nd Lottery block for Party DONE Q3
  3. PBJ 2021 Color Challenge July (3 blocks) DONE Q3
  4. PBJ 2021 Color Challenge August (3 blocks) DONE Q3
  5. Geo Grid quilt - 12 bonus blocks for my quilt DONE Q3
  6. Cross Body Mobile Phone Pouch for Nurse friend DONE Q3
  7. SECRET: QuiltCon 2022 Artisan Cotton Fabric Challenge - IN PROGRESS
  8. Free Motion Quilting Academy Practices - IN PROGRESS
  9. Free Motion Quilting Academy Sampler
  10. Free Motion Quilting Academy Whole Cloth
  11. All About Me guild challenge quilt - IN PROGRESS
  12. Kinship Fusion Sampler - #100days100blocks2021 - IN PROGRESS
  13. Cheerful Christmas quilt - ON HOLD
  14. Two Hold Tite Folio's for SewTites
  15. EPP Training Tablerunner - ON HOLD
  16. Honey Teddy Bear ON HOLD
  17. Unicorn "Bear" ON HOLD
  18. 2020 PBJ Monthly Color Challenge Assembly & Finish - ON HOLD
  19. 2021 EPP BOM Smitten - Months 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 & 7 & 8 - IN PROGRESS
  20. Journey2Nebula #2: Lucky Charm pillow
  21. Journey2Nebula #3: Jawbreaker
  22. Journey2Nebula #5: Candy Dish (2-for-1)
  23. Journey2Nebula #6: Gazebo
  24. Journey2Nebula #1: Seaside - Living room table runner ON HOLD
  25. Journey2Nebula #4: Rock Candy ON HOLD
  26. Journey2Nebula #8: Infinity Stones Throw ON HOLD
  27. 2021 BOM Nebula - Blocks 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 & 7 & 8 & 9
  28. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #1 (FAL #1)
  29. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #2 (FAL #4)
  30. Fabric Roll as Happy Go Lucky (FAL #56)
  31. EPP training - Heart kit
  32. Pick a 2nd washable purse for myself (from FAL #5, 93, 96, 97, 98, 100, 101)
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. I hope Kipper and Osky had good birthdays? I hadn’t realised they shared a birthday week - that’s a lovely thing for them to share, I think. Your fmq is looking fantastic and I’m looking forward to seeing next week’s as well as all the PBJ blocks. Lil’ Trixie’s block in particular! Keep going with your fettling list - I think I need to rethink mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The boys do love to get extra treats and toys on two sides of the same week. I feel like I am constantly shifting priorities to make progress in my art instead of just churning out commodities. eHUGS friend.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to your puppies. You used your sewing time well. Hope this week has been as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Completely off topic but blogger won’t let me reply to your latest comment on the Furtle link up: would you like me to open another link up on that post so you can add an August Furtle? No worries if not x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no bad-blogger! I think we will be okay with waiting until the September Furtle as I haven't gone back and finished the post yet anyway. LOL!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts