15 Minutes To Stitch 2021 - Week 30

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch since 2020 and am a fan of her blog. She's continuously hosted since 2011!


My 2021 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.

  • Week 30: 7 of 7 = 100 %
    • 108 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • July: 24 of 25 = 96%
  • 2021: 180 of 206 = 87 %
What a busy work week. But I've got next week off for staycation. Hoping to sew and just relax and refill my soul. 

Maybe step up the progress with the dogs in Nigel Reed's "The Dog Guardian" method detailed in his online course for Aggressive and Nervous dogs. The past couple weeks we've had opportunities to continue to reinforce the basics.

On the sewing front, I'm trying to keep everything moving forward and meeting my own goals with my guild and personal deadlines. AND several projects are secret. Not too many pictures I can share right now.

So, how did the sewing go?

Top items with progress:
1) Got the fabric out for all three blocks for July Patterns By Jen 2021 Color Challenge started cutting it, but there wasn't enough green in the fat quarter to make all 3 of my blocks. I switched to a different green which looks more like Limes, the inspiration for July. I've gotten the blocks partially sewn so far.



2) Geo Grid Quilt continued preparing my own 12 blocks to make the size quilt I want. 2 purple ones last week, 4 more partially cut. Picture from last week also contains 2 of the green Cheerful Quilt Blocks:


3) Kinship Fusion Sampler 100 Days 100 Blocks 2021, finished one more block in the collection all from Tula Pink fabrics:


4) Secret Project: All About Me guild challenge quilt - No photos whatsoever since I can't show it until the August meeting where we try to guess the person based on the quilt. Picked all my blocks and the setting style and fabrics.

5) Secret Project: MQG QuiltCon 2022 Artisan Cotton Fabric Challenge - No photos until after the submission. I have an initial design that I like in EQ8, and need to get some additional fabrics to make it work.

6) Cheerful Quilt: Used the floor of the meeting location for the local MQG guild to lay out my blocks and decide how they should be assembled.


Updating Mini Archie's Fettle Those Finishes! to continue my focus for the Third Quarter of 2021. 

Fettle Those Finishes! priority projects UPDATE (Q3):

  1. Geo Grid quilt - 30 blocks for exchange - DONE Q3
  2. Guild 2nd Lottery block for Party DONE Q3
  3. PBJ 2021 Color Challenge July (3 blocks) - IN PROGRESS
  4. SECRET: All About Me guild challenge quilt - IN PROGRESS
  5. Cheerful quilt - IN PROGRESS
  6. Geo Grid quilt - 12 bonus blocks for my quilt - IN PROGRESS
  7. Kinship Fusion Sampler - #100days100blocks2021 - IN PROGRESS
  8. SECRET: QuiltCon 2022 Artisan Cotton Fabric Challenge - IN PROGRESS
  9. Two Hold Tite Folio's for SewTites
  10. EPP Training Tablerunner - ON HOLD
  11. Honey Teddy Bear ON HOLD
  12. Unicorn "Bear" ON HOLD
  13. 2020 PBJ Monthly Color Challenge Assembly & Finish - ON HOLD
  14. 2021 EPP BOM Smitten - Months 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 - IN PROGRESS
  15. Journey2Nebula #2: Lucky Charm pillow
  16. Journey2Nebula #3: Jawbreaker
  17. Journey2Nebula #5: Candy Dish (2-for-1)
  18. Journey2Nebula #6: Gazebo
  19. Journey2Nebula #1: Seaside - Living room table runner ON HOLD
  20. Journey2Nebula #4: Rock Candy ON HOLD
  21. Journey2Nebula #8: Infinity Stones Throw ON HOLD
  22. 2021 BOM Nebula - Blocks 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5
  23. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #1 (FAL #1)
  24. Fantastic Creatures fabric as Fabric Cafe's Byzantine Door Quilt #2 (FAL #4)
  25. Fabric Roll as Happy Go Lucky (FAL #56)
  26. EPP training - Heart kit
  27. Pick a 2nd washable purse for myself (from FAL #5, 93, 96, 97, 98, 100, 101)
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. You've been busy. Lots of progress on multiple fronts. You are so close to finished quilt tops on a couple of projects. The Kinship Fusion block is pretty cool. Enjoy your secret sewing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Just trying to have a good time and keep my sanity.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts