15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Weeks 35 & 36

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020


My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 35: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 75 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • Week 36: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 166 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • August: 21 of 31 = 68 %
  • September: 5 of 6 = 83 %
  • 2020: 211 of 250 = 84 %
The 35th week was very busy at work so I missed posting leading up to the 36th week as staycation. The staycation was wonderful, with lots of rest and rejuvenation so not at much sewing as I thought. Luckily, I got to leverage the week off with an extra day for US Labor Day.

I did finally get all my August blocks done for my One Monthly Goal completed and posted during the last hour, see that post HERE.

Since then, the September blocks were completed for the Patterns By Jen 2020 Monthly Color Challenge. I'm doing both a Navy Background set and Oyster Background set.

I've continued to work on 4" Easy Breezy blocks as part of Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville 2020 Leader/Ender Challenge started July 1. Now, I have 7 blocks done so far, more pictures later.

In progress are both an additional phone pouch for dog walking and fabric face filters for myself, a co-worker, and my trainer at the gym. No photos until these are done in another day or two.

It was tough to pick the September One Monthly Goal: completing the Bandanna and Jeans quilt. This one seems like a stretch, but I want it done (1) before next dog chiropractor visit and (2) so I can completed my oldest UFO sitting in my sewing HQ! This quilt is the project that I got my first Janome for in 2015, all the supplies are here, just need to do some creative work to get the layers lined up and sewn:

We have moved since this photo of the Bandannas sewn was taken and the new owner took up all the wall-to-wall carpeting that we put in. The new home is much better for Hubby and me. The dogs did enjoy the dog door with almost constant access to outside, but here in Florida that's just not a good option. Kipper doesn't seem to mind he used to stand in the middle of the house and bark to be told to go outside anyway. I'm glad Tux didn't have to make the adjustment he was so independent and loved to go outside and sun himself in the grass. Osky has no idea what he never had and doesn't care because he LOVES the warm weather. It was amusing the in most extreme temperatures, snow blowing in the dog-door flap and then hot air encroaching in the worst days of the summer. We'd just close the sold door when we needed to create insulation.

How has your week been?

Project Plans in motion:
  1. Finish 6 my own/co-worker/trainer fabric face filters, inside cotton fabric and 2 outside silk layers with lariat ties and network wire across the nose and cheekbones
  2. Finish additional over shoulder strap iPouch for me (FAL #121)
  3. Finish UFO Bandannas and Jeans quilt (FAL #29)
  4. Make 3 Cafe Press 3-yard quilts for friends during the COVID-19 home-bound (FAL #56, 121, and; 122)
  5. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Sandscapes (FAL #93)
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. Really like your September blocks - it is pretty striking with the flying geese set that way. Good luck on your bandanna quilt this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer. I very much enjoy Jen Shaffer's Monthly blocks. They are fun to put together.

      Delete
  2. You had two solid weeks on the stitching front. Congrats on finishing your OMG for August. Your color challenge blocks turned out beautifully. Good luck with your September OMG plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kate! Appreciate your feedback and encouragement.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts