15 Minutes To Stitch 2019 - Week 38

It's a great idea to track my sewing time to provide motivation on my projects. Since I am a fan of Kate's Life in Pieces blog, her 15 Minutes to Stitch 2019 seems like the right thing to do.

My commitment started on Tuesday the 2nd of April, Stitching statistics as of Sunday, September 22:
  • Week 38: 5 of 7 = 71 % 
    • 33 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • September: 17 of 22 = 77 %
  • 2019: 90 of 174 = 52 %
My goal is to sew more than 2 days/week (2 of 7 = 29%)

I love sewing. I am having such a great time even only with a few minutes each day.

This week was fraught with a sick hubby and this morning, I work up with a scratchy throat and runny head. All week was very stressful starting every morning with meetings at 7 or 7:30 am calls with India and working until my regular end time 6-7pm. Friday was a big deal meeting that we needed to prepare for with my big bosses. I don't know if this week will be less stressful, but I have to find a way to deal with it and keep myself calm.

Also, this coming week, we are focusing our health and well-being. We are going to start Dr. Steven Gundry's Longevity Paradox food program next week so I've spend most of today planning meals and food shopping for the next 3 days.

Accomplishments this week included:
  1. Marked Trixie's Legs for sewing the pairs together
  2. Attended the QuiltFest in Jacksonville, FL obtaining variegated matching thread for my first Jelly Roll Rug
  3. All Jelly Roll Rug sub-strip seams trimmed & pressed open and fan folded
  4. First three Jelly Roll Rug sub-strip folded and sewn with batting 
  5. JRR coil started
Trixie's legs marked for sewing
Sub-Strips processed through dark pink

Entire strip processed and fan folded

Purchased huge 3000-yd spool of variegated thread

First sub-strip assembled with batting
2 more sub-strips clipped

3 sub-strips sewn and coil ball started



Next steps:
  1. Continue hand-sewing Trixie paired pieces together, assemble and stuff her
  2. Continue Jelly Roll Rug
How are you doing with consistency this week?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. Sorry work has been so stressful. I hate weeks like that. Hopefully this week is going smoother and your scratchy throat hasn't turned into anything worse. Hope you get in some relaxing stitching time this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. Not a good start to this week either.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts