BOM - PBJ 2020 Color Challenge - Layout

Jen has given us a chance to show off our 2020 Monthly Color Challenge blocks and layout.

Monthly blocks were created with both Navy and Oyster backgrounds in Patterns By Jen 2020 Monthly Color Challenge. There are 24 blocks to layout. The desired size is a layout 4 x 5 using 20 of the blocks:


Above is my mock-up of the layout in EQ8 inspired by the Facebook group shared photo by Barbara Bode Manrow. Yellow and Green is my favorite color combination so I used a simple 9-patch to represent the monthly blocks.

The fabric has been received for the light and dark gray to make the 3-D blocks and the borders. Also, a Navy blue cuddle is ready to be both the backing and binding to make it soft for hubby. As we live in North Florida, we're going to skip batting and just have the cuddle and quilt top.


I'll leave out my 3 least favorite blocks: both Olives and Dark Brown on Navy (not enough contrast). Still need to decide the 4th block to omit, probably the other Dark Brown even though I do like it.

Here are the blocks in reverse month order:














I am already working on the 2021 blocks and to get another 4x5 layout to make a quilt for myself, I'll make both sizes of blocks, combining smaller size with plain background fabric to make bigger sized blocks. If you want to participate head over to Jen's post Announcement!

Comments

Popular Posts