15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Weeks 34

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020


My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 34: 3 of 7 = 43 %
    • 35 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • August: 14 of 23 = 61 %
  • 2020: 199 of 236 = 84 %
Continuing my personal development targets clearing out old beliefs using The Work by Byron Katie,  as of Saturday I've finished the Budget based on the You Need A Budget system out of the book by Jesse Mecham for their software platform. My QuickBooks is setup for sending my annual reports to my accountant for Taxes so I want to keep using that. I exercised the new and simplified recording this weekend and am thrilled at how it's going. 

This week was a brain burner at work also. I'm so thrilled with all that progress, but don't want to detail it out here.

Luckily, one of my quilt guilds had a 'Sew Glad It's Saturday' virtually on Zoom and the wonderful members got me back in the mood. I was able to Start and finish the two 12.5" charity blocks for the MQG Community Quilt from our guild. We were given a color palate and here's what I was able to do with it. 


The other sewing this week was another Gen2 Fabric Face Filter pair for Hubby. I'll continue to make new ones between projects.

And to head towards the end of the month, I have started working on the final 2 blocks due for my One Monthly Goal, just 2 seams down on Foundation Paper Piecing for the Holding Hands charity quilt that the guild is also putting together. 

A couple of my little gang members have come out to check out my work. hAPi and SirT are checking things out. They usually live on the lower floor of an apartment building in the Sewing HQ!


SirT has new clothes and is now appropriately dressed for Florida living inside the A/C house. No longer in a wool coat and trousers.

Also finished are two 4" Easy Breezy blocks as part of Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville 2020 Leader/Ender Challenge started July 1. Now, I have 6 blocks done so far.



Hubby did get two picture hooks hung for me to hang up two quilts last week also. From Joyce Hughes Threadpainted Sunflowers class in November 2017 finally has a home hanging on the wall.

And now my office has another cheery welcoming wall hanging that I see when I walk in the room:


How has your week been?

Project Plans in motion:
  1. Items listed based on due date:
    1. ASAP: Two holding hands FPP block for JAX MQG charity quilt
  2. More friends/family fabric face filters, inside cotton fabric and 2 outside silk layers
    1. Prep and try filter fabric which arrived Saturday 25-July
  3. Make an additional over shoulder strap iPouch for me (FAL #121)
  4. Finish UFO Bandannas and Jeans quilt (FAL #29)
    1. Maybe try using Basting Powder instead of Basting Spray?
  5. Make 3 Cafe Press 3-yard quilts for friends during the COVID-19 home-bound (FAL #56, 121, and; 122)
  6. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Sandscapes (FAL #93)
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. Sounds like you making good progress across multiple areas. Love your guild blocks, that blue and orange combination is fun. Even with limited time in the sewing room, you still got lots done. Hope this week is as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. Appreciate the support. They really picked out great colors for this year's Community Challenge quilts. It's so much fun seeing what other people have done with the colors. Can't wait to see it. I am having such a blast in life right now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts