15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Weeks 31 and 32

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020


My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 31: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 104 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • Week 32: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 33 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • July: 27 of 31 = 87 %
  • August: 8 of 9 = 89 %
  • 2020: 193 of 222 = 87 %
It's been a busy 2 weeks. I've been living life every day to the fullest. Below are the completed items; it took several days to finish all these.

The gang has grown with the infamous Sir Tom Moore Mouselet bringing an entourage with him. If you want to follow along with the myriad of adventures on InstaGram follow #wooliamgang and get to know the mouselets and their chums. 

Made 2 Flute Cozy Snug Hugs to keep hubby's flute cozies snug and keep out the air causing tarnish.



Completed the 4 blocks kits for the 6" size of Easy Breezy, Bonnie Hunter's 2020 Leader/Ender Challenge. Next up are the 4' size kits.


Finished all 4 blocks for the Patterns By Jen 2020 Color Challenge July and August. I'm creating 2 blocks each month one with Navy (dark) background and one with Oyster (light) background.


And finally, so excited that I finished (just before our 1-year home-aversary) unpacking all the moving boxes in my sewing HQ! There were 4 extra-large remaining. I wanted to use the 'milk crates' that my Dad gave me when I left home for college in the 1990's. Four are florescent green plus the yellow one that I took from his house after he died to carry memorabilia. They all needed to be cleaned and were sitting in my bedroom walk-in closet waiting for me to get to it. Finally took them outside used the hose and a scrub brush and got all the old dirt off. They look great! The gents (SirT & hAPi) checked out my new organization of batting, foam, beads, yarn/crochet, denim, bandannas, and flannel.

The below shelves used to have 3 boxes sitting in front of them that I had to shove out of the way back and forth to get into the doors. I'm so thrilled that it's now clear for access.


Project Plans in motion:
  1. Items listed based on due date:
    1. ASAP: Two holding hands FPP block for JAX MQG charity quilt
    2. Aug 30th: Two MQG Community Quilt curved blocks for guild quilt entry
  2. More friends/family fabric face filters, inside cotton sheet material and outside cotton fabric
    1. Prep and try filter fabric which arrived Saturday 25-July
  3. Soaking test, wash, dry, and hang in my office the Cricut Maker Block of the Week the Sequel quilt
  4. Make an additional over shoulder strap iPouch for me (FAL #121)
  5. Make 3 Cafe Press 3-yard quilts for friends during the COVID-19 home-bound (FAL #56, 121, and; 122)
  6. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Sandscapes (FAL #93)
  7. Make Bandannas and Jeans quilt (FAL #73)
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. Congrats on having all the unpacking done. It's amazing how long it takes to get to that last box! You've done well at working in some stitching time each week. Love your color challenge blocks. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate. It was on my mind for quite some time. What a wonderful thing to finish unpacking. If only dear hubby would do the same. LOL! I'm very pleased with the color challenge blocks this year. Hope you have a good stitching week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts