15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Weeks 33

 I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020


My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 33: 3 of 7 = 43 %
    • 20 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • August: 12 of 16 = 75 %
  • 2020: 196 of 229 = 86 %
With my personal development targets and clearing out old beliefs using The Work by Byron Katie has lead to shifting priorities. I've come up with a Budget based on the You Need A Budget system out of the book by Jesse Mecham for their software platform. I'm still using QuickBooks to do the same thing. So several nights this week I worked on the new Budget plan. I am expecting it to simplify how I track our spending and keep track of how we are doing. Hubby and I had a discussion and then I was able to get all the changes implemented on Sunday and I was on a tear so no sewing.

There were some quilt related activities soaking using Vicki Welsh's Save My Bleeding Quilt instructions taking 3-days. The water had a little greenish/bluish tint during the first washing agitation, but not after. Other testing was done on the Carolina Moore (CraftMoore)'s Cricut Maker Block of the Week, the Sequel sampler quilt and I'm very pleased with the results. There's a new page that I'm creating on the block noting all the lessons learned, but it's not ready to post yet. 
I am waiting for hubby to mount a picture hanger for me to use a Hang-It-Dang-It. It's such a bright and happy quilt. It's going to make me smile when I walk into my office. Isn't that white just so bright after the soaking and washing?

After getting finishing the initial YNAB plan on Saturday, another fabric face filter set was assembled for Hubby out of these supplies checked by SirTom earlier in the week:
"You need to get a move on it, Missy. These masks won't make themselves. You can do it! Just one step at a time. One foot in front of the other."

Also from the above picture is an almost done first 4" size block of Easy Breezy, Bonnie Hunter's 2020 Leader/Ender Challenge

Project Plans in motion:
  1. Hang in my office the Cricut Maker Block of the Week the Sequel quilt
  2. Items listed based on due date:
    1. ASAP: Two holding hands FPP block for JAX MQG charity quilt
    2. Aug 30th: Two MQG Community Quilt curved blocks for guild quilt entry
  3. More friends/family fabric face filters, inside cotton fabric and 2 outside silk layers
    1. Prep and try filter fabric which arrived Saturday 25-July
  4. Make an additional over shoulder strap iPouch for me (FAL #121)
  5. Finish UFO Bandannas and Jeans quilt (FAL #29)
  6. Make 3 Cafe Press 3-yard quilts for friends during the COVID-19 home-bound (FAL #56, 121, and; 122)
  7. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Sandscapes (FAL #93)
What are you working on?

Comments

  1. Some weeks other priorities take over, but you still made a lot of progress. Love your bright wall hanging! Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate. It's all good getting things done that have sat on the back burner for a while.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts