May BOM - PBJ 2020 Color Challenge

Jen Shaffer has a terrific Block of the Month (BOM) program and this is my 2nd year participating (skipped 2019 due to moving).

Got both my blocks done for May:



This year, I am doing both a dark background set using Kona Navy and a light background set using Kona Oyster. 

May's bird is Budgerigar (green). The Navy block uses Lime green batik from local quilt guild 10" block exchange. Oyster has Enchanted, the 2020 Kona Color of the Year; glad I got to incorporate this color in two of my quilts this year.

Here are the May Green fabric selections with their mono-photos; this is a new practice for me and it's making me so much happier overall.




Using two paths gives me the opportunity to try different techniques. Navy background fabrics use Best Press for wrinkle removal. Oyster will be my first use of Sta-Flo (50/50 with water). I don't use water in my irons, just spray the material.

If you want to join in the 2020 Color Challenge check out the post HERE.

Link-up:
May Color Challenge Link Up AS #41




Comments

Popular Posts