15 Minutes To Stitch 2020 - Week 18

I loved participating in Kate's Life in Pieces 15 Minutes to Stitch in 2019 and am a fan of her blog. She's hosting again for 2020

My 2020 goal is to stitch at least 15-minutes 50% of the days in the year.
  • Week 18: 6 of 7 = 86 %
    • 53 minutes/day average across 7-days
  • April: 24 of 30 = 80 %
  • May: 3 of 3 = 100 %
  • 2020: 107 of 124 = 86 %
I've been struggling this week. Self reflection, how do I treat myself? Is this the best way to talk to myself? Can I be more loving and supportive? And then, let's PLAY! Let's go for loving life even more!!!

And on Friday, I ate lunch outside for the first time since we moved in 9-months ago:

Sewing has been squeezed in during other activities a lot this week. Two Zoom meetings multi-tasking to with hand-sewing more of the hanging sleeve on my pluses quilt, Adding Hope. 

Then also started on secret sewing project for a Mid-Summer Gift Swap. I have purchased items from maker friends also.


The focus project completed Sunday is the 6" Foundation Paper Pieced Violet, pattern by Piece By Number, quilting designed by me: 



With the quick FPP of the Violet, I found a pattern for a quilt for my Gift Swapee that I'm hoping will be pretty and finished on time.

Project Plans in motion:
  1. Mend dog PJ's rip made by Osky during his first week here with sharp puppy shark teeth
  2. Darn 1-pair of jeans, 2 rips
  3. Neck Pouches:
    1. Make one for myself (FAL #123)
    2. Make one for a friend
  4. Start gift swap quilt - Wall Hanging
    1. Pick Fabrics
    2. Start sewing
    3. Research other binding techniques
  5. More friends/family fabric face filters, inside cotton sheet material and outside cotton fabric
  6. Ironing station:
    1. Research Ironing station frame options
    2. Research Pressing options - larger surface than iron for large fabrics
  7. Finish Cricut Maker Block of the Week the Sequel (FAL #2)
    1. Quilt
    2. Square Up
    3. Choose Binding, make Binding and Sleeve
    4. Make Label
    5. Bind with hanging sleeve and Label
    6. Hand-sew label side and top, binding corners, and hanging sleeve bottom and sides
  8. QuiltSmart Midi Bag - Sandscapes (FAL #93)
  9. Make 3 Cafe Press 3-yard quilts for friends during the COVID-19 home-bound (FAL #56, 121, & 122)
  10. Press and cut 20 10" orange batik squares for Honey Bees Quilt Guild Exchange for April
  11. Press and cut 20 10" turquoise batik squares for Honey Bees Quilt Guild Exchange for May
  12. Continue patching jeans including decorative stitching planned for the one where the puppy tore above the knee
What are you working on?

Link-Ups:

Comments

  1. Congrats on finding time to stitch last week. You've been doing quite a bit more than your goal of 50%. Good luck with all your stitching plans for the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate. I'm very much enjoying my new home and the Stay At Home lifestyle. This week and next start a new busy time at work. Wishing you the best for this week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts