DrEAMi! Christmas Bloem Basket for Swap Partner

It was a DrEAMi! (drop everything and make it / SQUIRREL!) when I realized that the local swap I signed up for was due sooner than anything else on my list.

When I found out my swap partner loves Christmas and she was interested in pouches, I suddenly got the inspiration to make her a Bloem Basket by Johanna Weidner. I had the pattern sitting around after a very special friend suggested making the Bloem Basket. 

Digging into my stash, I found that I didn't have any Fat Quarters that would work, but I did have 10" squares and could make my own pieces from the squares. Trixie executed lots of quality control checks. She did admire the firm shape of the basket when Canvas Duck was used to back the Basket lining quilting and line the handle. Also had to make ties since I didn't have any ribbon that was the size or color to go with the selected fabrics.






Link-Ups:


Comments

Popular Posts